Legal Agreement

senor123

Well, things sort of got out of control.

I started a small business with my Thai girlfriend about 3 years ago.

Now we own land in Bangkok Noi, a house in Samut Prakan, a house in Chai Nat, a lease on a restaurant in Samut Prakan plus the original business is still going ok.

Before anyone gets excited, none of this is is my name and it doesn't bother me.

However, now we need to formalise the agreement and I was wondering how we go about putting the business relationship into a legal document in both English and Thai. The split of our investment is about 70% for me and 30% for her.

My girlfriend will be visiting me in January and we will work the framework for the agreement.

I do not live in Thailand but visit every other 3 months with my girlfriend visiting me alternatively every 3 months.

The best option would be to start a limited company in which you are a shareholder. You cannot be a majority shareholder but it is possible to weight shares so that you maintain control. Even though the business has already been in operation for some years now, it is still possible to create a company and transfer the assets to that company.

Sunbelt Asia has extensive experience setting up companies of this nature so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call or email for more information.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]