Flooding In Rangsit

edwinchester

Hi, current info on flooding would be very much appreciated as I have to make a trip to Suvarnabhumi in a few days.

My usual route is through Lat Lum Kaew on the 346, over the Pathum Thani Bridge, turn left onto the Rangsit road and then pickup the expressway all the way to Swampy.

Is this route still doable?

I have a Triton so minor flooding is ok.

Thanks for reading, Ed.

Thanks for the info Shopboy much appreciated.

"My usual route is through Lat Lum Kaew on the 346, over the Pathum Thani Bridge, ...

Let us know how you get on. In a couple weeks I need to get down to Ratchaburi. My normal route from Klong 10 on 305 is west through Lat Lum Kaew on 346, through Bang Len, then a left at Khamphaengsaen and down on 321 to Nakhon Phathom, right on 4 and motor on.

Works fine for me, but how's the water out west of Lat Lum Kaew these days.

Mac

Thanks for the info Shopboy much appreciated.

"My usual route is through Lat Lum Kaew on the 346, over the Pathum Thani Bridge, ...

Let us know how you get on. In a couple weeks I need to get down to Ratchaburi. My normal route from Klong 10 on 305 is west through Lat Lum Kaew on 346, through Bang Len, then a left at Khamphaengsaen and down on 321 to Nakhon Phathom, right on 4 and motor on.

Works fine for me, but how's the water out west of Lat Lum Kaew these days.

Mac

Better to go from Klong 10 down to the Outer Ring Road & follow it all the way down to Rama 2, turn left & head to Pak Tor (Petchkasem Rd) & then right to Ratchaburi. No flooding here at all.

Not sure on Lat Lum Kaew on 346, Rangsit - Nakon Nayok road is ok and on to motorway to swampy is ok too.

Might be best to check about turning left & heading towards the Eastern Outer Ring Road at Lat Lum Kaew. Lot of water around the Sam Khok / Pathumthani area still.

Edited by Chalard

Not sure on Lat Lum Kaew on 346, Rangsit - Nakon Nayok road is ok and on to motorway to swampy is ok too.

Might be best to check about turning left & heading towards the Eastern Outer Ring Road at Lat Lum Kaew. Lot of water around the Sam Khok / Pathumthani area still.

I went from Swampy onto the express way right to the end of it by Ransit on Sunday and yes it's very doable but believe it or not it took well over 4 hour's and they had the Bloody cheek to charge you for the hole journey. For anyone that want's to know the traffic jam's went right up to the 32. Car's, Lorries, Bus's going in all direction's. How there wasn't lot's of peep's killed I don't know, maybe there was but I didn't see any. Hell is the nicest thing I can say about it. If you have to go any where near Ransit/express way give yourself load's of time. All this crap go's in both direction's, so don't think you'll get away with the north to south bit. Tip don't open any window's of you car as the stench will more that likely knock you out. And make sure you have load's of fuel, drinking water, and also use the loo before you set off or you will be in the Do Do's big time. Edited by fredob43

I went from Swampy onto the express way right to the end of it by Ransit on Sunday and yes it's very doable but believe it or not it took well over 4 hour's and they had the Bloody cheek to charge you for the hole journey. For anyone that want's to know the traffic jam's went right up to the 32. Car's, Lorries, Bus's going in all direction's. How there wasn't lot's of peep's killed I don't know, maybe there was but I didn't see any. Hell is the nicest thing I can say about it. If you have to go any where near Ransit/express way give yourself load's of time. All this crap go's in both direction's, so don't think you'll get away with the north to south bit. Tip don't open any window's of you car as the stench will more that likely knock you out. And make sure you have load's of fuel, drinking water, and also use the loo before you set off or you will be in the Do Do's big time.

Same Same took my 5 hours on Saturday one day before you.

The wife just phoned from Future Park, said it took her 1.5 hrs to get there via: Klong 10 down 305 to the Eastern Ring Road at Klong 5, north to the Klong Luang road, west to Phaholyothin, and south to FP. Said most of the traffic was on the Klong Luang road.

She wanted to hit the Rangsit Market, too, no dice, still flooded.

FP? Lots of the businesses still not open, no staff for one reason, and lack of customers for another, I reckon.

Saves me an exploratory trip on Friday. She phoned this morning that it's OK to come home now, the van can get to our door. On the road tomorrow.

Mac

The wife just phoned from Future Park, said it took her 1.5 hrs to get there via: Klong 10 down 305 to the Eastern Ring Road at Klong 5, north to the Klong Luang road, west to Phaholyothin, and south to FP. Said most of the traffic was on the Klong Luang road.

She wanted to hit the Rangsit Market, too, no dice, still flooded.

FP? Lots of the businesses still not open, no staff for one reason, and lack of customers for another, I reckon.

Saves me an exploratory trip on Friday. She phoned this morning that it's OK to come home now, the van can get to our door. On the road tomorrow.

Mac

Another way to miss the traffic jam at the Thanyaburi toll gate is -

Turn left off the Ring Road (if you're heading towards Swampy) onto # 305 (Nakhon Nayok Rd) & go up to Klong 7 (1st set of lights after Big C). Turn right & head towards the Lam Lukka Rd. At the T intersection turn left & go 200 metres & then turn right at the traffic lights into Nimitmai Rd. Go till this road meets Suwintawong & turn right (there's maybe 300 metres of water about 30cm deep to drive through) & then its okay after that. You can follow the Airport Signs towards Ram Intra Rd & then turn back onto the Ring Road. Very little traffic on this route. Came back from Bkk this way yesterday.