Roof Security, Keeping Them Out.

I see many roof re spray companies claim that the rubbery paint sealed form the rain and also makes moving the roof tiles / panels hard to move. Not really an option now.

Some insulation companies spray a foam under the tiles claiming the same, I have head it it s expensive and crap for insulation and hold moisture so you get cancer rust in your roof.

What about gluing the panels together with liquid nails?

I have read on here a guy who put 1 inch box steel at small intervals, possible solution, maybe using rebar doing the same thing.

List many tips to make a more roof secure or at least slow down the bad guys.

http://www.roofconsult.co.uk/articles/tiling/tips32.htm

I still think that this would be easy to evade and also look ugly.

http://www.securitydirect.uk.com/roof_fence_security_rotary.php

What about after the wiring is complete and the insulation is all done, just string razor wire under the panels, there is no shortage of the stuff in Thailand. Or maybe run lots of barbed or razor wire tight under the panels, so in moving the panels, SURPRISE.

Any other ideas? jap.gif

I am leaning towards a motion detector as our roof has many access points due to a perimeter wall. But this is an issue for sure, and one I know I will need to address at some point. We had a neighbor lock her keys in her house and the guard just climbed through the roof to open it up for her! :(

I have been in a house abroad, that had that, and the number of false alarms from critters in the roof were far to many.

I am no expert though to know if there are setting that can stop rats setting it off.

What happens when gekko climbs over the sensors?

I like the idea of gluing the panels together with something like Sikaflex & having barbed wire stretched out under the panels, and a sign explaining motion sensors in the roof and you will be electrocuted if in the roof when they go off. It seems in Thailand, many electric fences are 220 v mains power blink.gif.

I have been in a house abroad, that had that, and the number of false alarms from critters in the roof were far to many.

I am no expert though to know if there are setting that can stop rats setting it off.

What happens when gekko climbs over the sensors?

I like the idea of gluing the panels together with something like Sikaflex & having barbed wire stretched out under the panels, and a sign explaining motion sensors in the roof and you will be electrocuted if in the roof when they go off. It seems in Thailand, many electric fences are 220 v mains power blink.gif.

Yeah, I've heard about these "false" alarms also. Might have to think of something else....

Between the main supports in the roof, I am getting little lugs welded, so I can run 4 strands of barbed wire between them, about 5cm below the roof panels.

But he main thing will be gluing the panels together as well. Now just have to work out the best Glue.

Sikaflex or Liquid Nails to take the heat up there.

Wife suggested a little sign in Thai, saying that there is an electric fence in the roof put under the eves, she said that people will assume it is live 220V and that will be very effective. Worth thinking outside of the box. laugh.gif

Edited by haveaniceday
  • Like 1

Between the main supports in the roof, I am getting little lugs welded, so I can run 4 strands of barbed wire between them, about 5cm below the roof panels.

But he main thing will be gluing the panels together as well. Now just have to work out the best Glue.

Sikaflex or Liquid Nails to take the heat up there.

Wife suggested a little sign in Thai, saying that there is an electric fence in the roof put under the eves, she said that people will assume it is live 220V and that will be very effective. Worth thinking outside of the box. laugh.gif

You're assuming the intruders will be Thai, and not Cambodian or Burmese? Plus, you're assuming the dirty buggers can even read! :(

But great idea!!

• 7 months later...

No need to weld steel mesh to the roof, just lay it down on top of the ceiling insulation.

Foam insulation in my opinion should not be stuck to the underside of the roof, but to the topside of the ceiling.