Abhisit Slams Thai Govt For Mishandling Flood

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit shouldn't slam anyone. The floods were going on when he was PM and he didn't do anything either except ride around in a boat and have his picture taken. He's a slime ball. He's still crying because he was thrown out of the PM position and can't stand it that the people do not want him. Except the Bangkok elite of course.

Very good comment and is almost same as I already said weeks ago , he is also responsible for this mess while he was PM .

Except for the fact that he wasn't PM when this mess started.

Yingluck couldn't stop the floods. There was simply too much water.

BUT, she was in charge of relief management and communication when the floods did arrive. There is only her and her government to blame for that.

Very good comment and is almost same as I already said weeks ago , she is responsible for this mess while she is PM.

Edited by Buchholz

Abhisit shouldn't slam anyone. The floods were going on when he was PM and he didn't do anything either except ride around in a boat and have his picture taken. He's a slime ball. He's still crying because he was thrown out of the PM position and can't stand it that the people do not want him. Except the Bangkok elite of course.

I am not a Red shirt, but I salute your statement. He would'nt have done better for sure...

May I have a link to your crystal ball please.

I am not a Red shirt, but I salute your statement. He would'nt have done better for sure...

May I have a link to your crystal ball please.

:cheesy:

The best response yet to this often-repeated moot point.

Very good comment and is almost same as I already said weeks ago , he is also responsible for this mess while he was PM .

Except for the fact that he wasn't PM when this mess started.

Yingluck couldn't stop the floods. There was simply too much water.

BUT, she was in charge of relief management and communication when the floods did arrive. There is only her and her government to blame for that.

Indeed she WAS but we have to try to be fair - Thailand does not have a history of proficient risk management nor disaster planning. Therefore I doubt any such plan was in place and as she was in office only very briefly before the floods she cannot be blamed. If she had been in office a couple of years I think that blame could have been well placed - but she was not. It is incumbent upon government to plan and execute a range of risk analysis and for Abhisit to criticize when his government had every opportunity to undertake this vital function is absurd and pure political hogwash. If I was him I would keep very quite and support any efforts.

<snip>

Indeed she WAS but we have to try to be fair - Thailand does not have a history of proficient risk management nor disaster planning. Therefore I doubt any such plan was in place and as she was in office only very briefly before the floods she cannot be blamed. If she had been in office a couple of years I think that blame could have been well placed - but she was not. It is incumbent upon government to plan and execute a range of risk analysis and for Abhisit to criticize when his government had every opportunity to undertake this vital function is absurd and pure political hogwash. If I was him I would keep very quite and support any efforts.

We aren't talking about RISK management. We are talking about relief management and communication.

She was a company president and CEO, &lt;deleted&gt;. She should know about managing people and managing communication.

Unless of course, she wasn't qualified for those jobs either ... :whistling:

And indeed if he'd still been PM, he wouldn't have needed to wait an invitation, but he isn't so he did. ;)

No one wanted him at the party. ;)

It must hurt that your darling yingluck screwed up and only shines at photo ops.

Screwed-up, not at all, she's on track with our Red agenda. Go Yingluck. ;)

And indeed if he'd still been PM, he wouldn't have needed to wait an invitation, but he isn't so he did. ;)

Which missed an opportunity for PM-Yingluck and the PTP-led government, to later-on share some of the blame round more widely, for poor-communication or decision-making. As it is, there remains nobody else to blame, for any cock-ups which occurred.

Poster-girl is good at holding up her finger, or avoiding potentially-embarrassing Cabinet-meetings, but her lack of political experience is also fairly apparent. Or is she just badly-advised ? <_<

While former-PM Abhisit is seen to have offered help, and visited the floods in a private capacity, but not been involved in the government/FROC's decisions, so comes up smelling of roses.

Bit of an own-goal for Ms Yingluck & PTP really. B)

Edited by Ricardo

Which missed an opportunity for PM-Yingluck and the PTP-led government, to later-on share some of the blame round more widely, for poor-communication or decision-making. As it is, there remains nobody else to blame, for any cock-ups which occurred.

Poster-girl is good at holding up her finger, or avoiding potentially-embarrassing Cabinet-meetings, but her lack of political experience is also fairly apparent. Or is she just badly-advised ? <_<

While former-PM Abhisit is seen to have offered help, and visited the floods in a private capacity, but not been involved in the government/FROC's decisions, so comes up smelling of roses.

Bit of an own-goal for Ms Yingluck & PTP really. B)

Not as if Yingluck is going to lose power or sleep over it. :)

To try to blame this disaster on politicians, political parties or recent governments is just totally wrong. People must enjoy playing the blame game because this problem has been worsened over many years by greedy developers, corrupt politicians and wealthy elites. They have been guilty of filling canals and building up natural drainage areas to expand the concrete jungle.

Bangkok is low and flat as well as sinking so the logical thing would have been to maintain and expand the drainage system by installing pumping stations and new canals that would move the flood water to the sea. Bangkok can no longer depend on gravity to keep the city dry.

Instead of planning for the inevitable floods, they have made Bangkok into a huge dam and created flooding outside of Bangkok. Obviously the people in the badly flooded areas understand the problems and are no longer willing to be flooded for many weeks at a time nearly every year just to protect Bangkok.

Dikes are required but they must be along the river and the sea rather than north of the city. Unless the problem is addressed the problem will continue to get worse.

Burying heads in the sand is easier than accepting the fact that the vast majority of Thai politicians, police and military big shots are blatantly corrupt regardless of which parties they lean towards or belong to. Proven corruption is frequently uncovered but eventually buried again and no one is punished except that the government sometimes gets part of the stolen funds back. It's a cross party thing and the rule is that you don't tell on me and I won't tell on you.