Where Is It Flooding Right Now?

cdnvic

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathum Thani still flooded in some areas but now receding. My village (Klong 3, Lammlukka,Thanyaburi) has no water now as of yesterday but this is due to the pumps. Outside on the road it's about 6-7 inches deep. Folks returning and the people cleaning houses. Ours almost done. Lots of shitty mud and debris lying about sois in our village though. Some schools opening next week. This flood has cost me over 100,000 baht in lost income from private work and damaged stuff, travel in and out of the area, hotels and cleaning stuff. It's been much worse though for some of the Thais who are less well off. Good news no ants! All dead I think! Shame about all the pets that were left by some folks that have died and the animals with no homes. Thousands of them must have died.

The 600+ deaths was obviously a huge tragedy.

Good sign is the water is certainly going down now. Long overdue imo. I doubt the folks here will never get their requested meeting with the BKK governor. Tbh, the Pathum Thani governor may have a lot to answer according to comments from the Thais around here.

Ah, well...let's hope they can sort out a real flood defence system for the future.

Have just returned from cleaning both my home and the school I am employed in. Really tough trying to do two places and so much travel time getting to either of them. If only the BKK Governor would show some appreciation for once and ask people to help their northern neighbors who have and continue to sacrifice so much. Pictures only tell a small part of the reality. The smells and the actual amount of labor involved are beyond words at this point.

With that said, here are some current photos from Mueang Ake on the Vibhavdi-Rangsit road side and Nakhon Nayok.

post-6428-0-42892600-1323428708_thumb.jp

Currently at Mueang Ake (Vibhavadi-Rangsit Rd. Side). Motorcycle taxi's are available up to the klong leading into the university. The Big Barriers are still there, needlessly keeping filthy water trapped into the university and housing estates.

post-6428-0-66621900-1323428737_thumb.jp

post-6428-0-92365500-1323428763_thumb.jp

Aftermath of the destruction caused at a local school, which is opening next week.

post-6428-0-41415200-1323428797_thumb.jp

A lot of dead trees and shrubs at this particular school. Damage is beyond the imagination. Inside the buildings, mold covers the entire walls and ceilings. The depth of the water reached over 165cm in the entire area.

post-6428-0-45302800-1323428827_thumb.jp

Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road at the Mueng Ake crossing looking towards Macro

post-6428-0-37028800-1323428846_thumb.jp

The opposite side from Macro

post-6428-0-09037200-1323428874_thumb.jp

Looking towards Zeer Rangsit

post-6428-0-23915100-1323428897_thumb.jp

Near Zeer Rangsit. Flood water is still present, though not as deep as it had been.

post-6428-0-41474200-1323428920_thumb.jp

In front of Zeer Rangsit

post-6428-0-73276800-1323428978_thumb.jp

A lot garbage on the center divides of the Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road and this stretches for miles.

post-6428-0-16519600-1323429005_thumb.jp

Nakhon Nayok at Future Park. There is a little flood water near the entrance, but motorcycles and cars can safely make it through.

post-6428-0-23464100-1323429031_thumb.jp

On Nakhon Nayok looking towards Klong 3. There is a little water at Klong 3, but I noticed cars could get through and it appears to be not that serious.

post-6428-0-37012600-1323429063_thumb.jp

Looking towards Future and the future, the entire areas leading to the Mall are clear and dry.

Have just returned from cleaning both my home and the school I am employed in. Really tough trying to do two places and so much travel time getting to either of them. If only the BKK Governor would show some appreciation for once and ask people to help their northern neighbors who have and continue to sacrifice so much. Pictures only tell a small part of the reality. The smells and the actual amount of labor involved are beyond words at this point.

With that said, here are some current photos from Mueang Ake on the Vibhavdi-Rangsit road side and Nakhon Nayok.

post-6428-0-42892600-1323428708_thumb.jp

Currently at Mueang Ake (Vibhavadi-Rangsit Rd. Side). Motorcycle taxi's are available up to the klong leading into the university. The Big Barriers are still there, needlessly keeping filthy water trapped into the university and housing estates.

post-6428-0-66621900-1323428737_thumb.jp

post-6428-0-92365500-1323428763_thumb.jp

Aftermath of the destruction caused at a local school, which is opening next week.

post-6428-0-41415200-1323428797_thumb.jp

A lot of dead trees and shrubs at this particular school. Damage is beyond the imagination. Inside the buildings, mold covers the entire walls and ceilings. The depth of the water reached over 165cm in the entire area.

post-6428-0-45302800-1323428827_thumb.jp

Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road at the Mueng Ake crossing looking towards Macro

post-6428-0-37028800-1323428846_thumb.jp

The opposite side from Macro

post-6428-0-09037200-1323428874_thumb.jp

Looking towards Zeer Rangsit

post-6428-0-23915100-1323428897_thumb.jp

Near Zeer Rangsit. Flood water is still present, though not as deep as it had been.

post-6428-0-41474200-1323428920_thumb.jp

In front of Zeer Rangsit

post-6428-0-73276800-1323428978_thumb.jp

A lot garbage on the center divides of the Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road and this stretches for miles.

post-6428-0-16519600-1323429005_thumb.jp

Nakhon Nayok at Future Park. There is a little flood water near the entrance, but motorcycles and cars can safely make it through.

post-6428-0-23464100-1323429031_thumb.jp

On Nakhon Nayok looking towards Klong 3. There is a little water at Klong 3, but I noticed cars could get through and it appears to be not that serious.

post-6428-0-37012600-1323429063_thumb.jp

Looking towards Future and the future, the entire areas leading to the Mall are clear and dry.

Thanks for that informative post.

I appreciate the photos - it makes it more real, and the mind reels when picturing the filth and destruction (shown) multiplied by hundreds of thousands.

As you may know, Bkk and surrounding areas have suffered serious floods an average of every 3 years. It appears this one is the worst thus far. It odder when considering 3 relatively new dams were built to try and preclude this exact problem. I know I'm in the minority, when I propose leaving Bkk and relocating as much as possible to higher ground. Doing it in the the next few years would be costly and invonvenient. Not doing it would be far costlier and calamitous - particularly in lieu of the tens or hundreds of billions of baht it's estimated to cost annually, just to try and keep Bkk from flooding - as it inevitably will, regardless of how many trillions of baht is thrown at it.

Glad the photos help. I know how it is wondering what the situation is like and so many thoughts that go through the mind.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get photos of areas of interest that would also show some filthy water pockets that still remain. From what I can determine, the water has nowhere to go. One of these is Rangsit General Hospital. The water is stagnant there, but they have built wooden foot bridges for people to get in and out of the hospital area. Another area is the National Monument on Phaonayothin road. Cars and buses can go towards Bangkok with no problem and for the most Vibhavadi-Rangsit road going to and past Don Mueng in both directions is fine. A few small puddles here and there, but nothing to be concerned about. Past Phanayothin/National Monument still looks messy. Army trucks are still being be used to transport people back and forth from the areas. A little good news, I did spot a few cars going into that area as well. I am only assuming by what I had seen, the water is beginning to recede in that area.

Over the weekend I'll be going up Klong 3, Nakhon Nayok and up to the Klong Luang. I will be posting photos of the road conditions in that area. I also hope to get back near Future Park and see how the Rangsit Market area is doing.

I should also mention the buses are running, but not in full force. The 510 and 187 run often on both sides. The 538 going from Victory Monument to Nakhon Nayok and back are not seen to often. I do know that the bus garage is near Rangsit Market and that area was hit hard. Maybe knocked some 538 buses out of commission for awhile.

Glad the photos help. I know how it is wondering what the situation is like and so many thoughts that go through the mind.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get photos of areas of interest that would also show some filthy water pockets that still remain. From what I can determine, the water has nowhere to go. One of these is Rangsit General Hospital. The water is stagnant there, but they have built wooden foot bridges for people to get in and out of the hospital area. Another area is the National Monument on Phaonayothin road. Cars and buses can go towards Bangkok with no problem and for the most Vibhavadi-Rangsit road going to and past Don Mueng in both directions is fine. A few small puddles here and there, but nothing to be concerned about. Past Phanayothin/National Monument still looks messy. Army trucks are still being be used to transport people back and forth from the areas. A little good news, I did spot a few cars going into that area as well. I am only assuming by what I had seen, the water is beginning to recede in that area.

Over the weekend I'll be going up Klong 3, Nakhon Nayok and up to the Klong Luang. I will be posting photos of the road conditions in that area. I also hope to get back near Future Park and see how the Rangsit Market area is doing.

I should also mention the buses are running, but not in full force. The 510 and 187 run often on both sides. The 538 going from Victory Monument to Nakhon Nayok and back are not seen to often. I do know that the bus garage is near Rangsit Market and that area was hit hard. Maybe knocked some 538 buses out of commission for awhile.

Thanks frodo.

Were you able to get any pictures of the villages inside the Muang Ake estate? Can you get to Rangsit University for example with a typical car? I am trying to decide when it will be possible to get to my house. As of yesterday I was told the water was still waist deep in my subdivision. I am currently staying in Pattaya and don't want to go up there until I am sure I can actually get to my place. My neighbor took a boat in a few days ago and said the entire downstairs of her place including the ceiling is destroyed, and that all the glass has fallen out of the doors and wood furniture making it dangerous to walk around in the fetid water. It's a mess. Based on her description I'm guessing we have at least 400k worth of damage.

" Over the weekend I'll be going up Klong 3, Nakhon Nayok and up to the Klong Luang. I will be posting photos of the road conditions in that area. I also hope to get back near Future Park and see how the Rangsit Market area is doing. "

I'm currently around Rangsit Market, and it looks like life is getting back to " Normal ".

The area is now dry and cleared of rubbish, and people are still cleaning up their shops, some already up for business.

Thanks frodo.

Were you able to get any pictures of the villages inside the Muang Ake estate? Can you get to Rangsit University for example with a typical car? I am trying to decide when it will be possible to get to my house. As of yesterday I was told the water was still waist deep in my subdivision. I am currently staying in Pattaya and don't want to go up there until I am sure I can actually get to my place. My neighbor took a boat in a few days ago and said the entire downstairs of her place including the ceiling is destroyed, and that all the glass has fallen out of the doors and wood furniture making it dangerous to walk around in the fetid water. It's a mess. Based on her description I'm guessing we have at least 400k worth of damage.

You're welcome GregB.

I haven't been able to get that far since the water remains deep in that area. I haven't contacted my friends in that location in about a week, but on last account the water hasn't gone down enough for cars to pass through. Things could have changed. I will try and make contact over the next few days and see how things are. I would say your estimation is correct in regards to the damage. The aftermath, for me, is depressing to see and the stench is nauseating with the vast amounts of mold and rotting wood, dead fish, etc.

The photos here from a school in that area and only show 2 small areas which were heavily damaged, but there is much more. You can see the type of damage that the floods have caused and the cleanup will take a lot time due to the amount of waste and mold everywhere.

Justavoce. Thanks for the update about the Rangsit Market area. That is indeed wonderful news! :))

post-6428-0-15927300-1323527115_thumb.jp

This room had been used for awards, meetings, etc., At one time the walls were decorated with carved wood and beautiful wooden shelves. It has been reduced to nothing but a nauseous, bacterial and mold infested chamber.

post-6428-0-94956400-1323527125_thumb.jp

One of the hallways that was filled with student achievement and awards. The panes which once held the glass encasing gave way and nothing but broken glass and rotting debris remain.

riveting photos. I shudder to think how Thais will deal with the immense amount of trash. Nearly every cul-de-sac, week-choked parcel, or unteneded spaces on back alleys have heaps of trash - even in the dryest/best of times. How much worse it will be with the floods - plus there'll be dog carcasses as well. Yikes.

1323697456[/url]' post='4907887']

riveting photos. I shudder to think how Thais will deal with the immense amount of trash. Nearly every cul-de-sac, week-choked parcel, or unteneded spaces on back alleys have heaps of trash - even in the dryest/best of times. How much worse it will be with the floods - plus there'll be dog carcasses as well. Yikes.

Just one of the trash mountains in our area took 2 big earth movers over 3 days to clear. Some people are only just returning home now so the trash is still going to keep piling up for a while yet. I have pictures but don't know how to post them from my iPad.

• 2 weeks later...