The Floods Have Triggered A New Health Scare For Some Thais: Opinion

webfact

The Nation must be hard up for copy......what a load of absolute drivel

"But is Yingluck the first Thai prime minister to not have a good command of English?"

Really ? so her brother has an acceptable command of English ??? wasnt he a PM....my recollection was that he couldnt string two words together either

I have no time for our man in Dubai or his clone sister, but this sort comparison is really unfair considering one of the former PM's was born and raised in the UK, so in comparison with his English skills no Thai PM will ever have a "good command" of English, and does it really matter if a PM cant speak English ?....this is what translators are for

are you joking?

The Nation must be hard up for copy......what a load of absolute drivel

"But is Yingluck the first Thai prime minister to not have a good command of English?"

Really ? so her brother has an acceptable command of English ??? wasnt he a PM....my recollection was that he couldnt string two words together either

I have no time for our man in Dubai or his clone sister, but this sort comparison is really unfair considering one of the former PM's was born and raised in the UK, so in comparison with his English skills no Thai PM will ever have a "good command" of English, and does it really matter if a PM cant speak English ?....this is what translators are for

are you joking?

Now that's a really interesting and intriguing question! Is this chap serious or just a wee bit cynical? Mind you my personal favorite is still (and will probably remain so) ex-PM Barnharn. His moment of glory was the photo-op with then President George Bush the elder. His English (k. Banharn that is) limited to be friendly. His gaffe October 1996 about Ms. E. Taylor to be forgiven.

Of course the OP deals with a non-verbal health scare, I think, I hope :huh:

Edited by rubl