True Set Top Box Change Issue

True asked us to go and change our existing set top sat receiver to a new digital receiver Fair enough.

However, we run two televisions off the one box with a True installed link - one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Having changed the box they then told us we could not do this with the digital box so said I would rather keep the old one. The reply is that if we do not change, then after the New Year we will not get any signal at all. So i now have a service I do not want (digital has no interest for me)but I cannot watch the televisions as before. The staff is the Samui shop can only smile and giggle as though they got something over on me. Of course an email to Bangkok has been ignored. So cable for the wife and UKTV for me seems to be the answer. What a load of tossers!

Have you paid the fee for having two tv's connected to one box.

Yes, they have a fee for that.

Just connect one via HDMI and one via component cable or composite cable.

We were never asked to pay a fee and this was set up by True themselves.

This was just a link with the main sat receiver in the bedroom and a repeater in the living room. We could not watch different channels at the same time.

I appreciate your suggestion but the sets are too far apart for that to be feasible and even then you would only be able to change channels in one location. The new box does not come with the necessary connections that were standard in the old box.

We were never asked to pay a fee and this was set up by True themselves.

This was just a link with the main sat receiver in the bedroom and a repeater in the living room. We could not watch different channels at the same time.

I asked true about this some years ago and if my memory serves me right I was quoted around 180 baht extra / month.

I just connected one via component cable and the other via coaxial cable. :ph34r:

Well, well, well - I actually received an answer - which did nothing to enamour me to True!

Please be informed that the information that the agent has informed you is correct.

After you have installed the HD plus box, you will not be able to use the link point anymore.

However, you can choose to install the second service point

For the second addition point, we offer the promotion for additional installation that costs only 1,000 baht installation plus 2,000 baht deposit. Total 3,000 baht (On the installation date, the technician will ask you for 3,000 Baht in cash). Moreover, the additional fee for the extra box will be 437.63 baht per month. The extra box allows you to watch the TV independently from the main one. Please also see the notes below.

- All prices include 7% VAT and Deposit is refundable upon termination of subscription.

- TrueVisions reserves the right to change conditions and price without prior notice.

- Subscription in term of this promotion must be maintained for a minimum of 6 consecutive months from the date of installation. During 6-month contract, members are not able to suspend, cancel or downgrade the service.

- This promotion valid until November 30, 2011.

- TrueVisions provides 20 meters cable free for each service point, if more needed, 25 Baht will be charged per meter.

Should you have any further inquiry, suggestion, or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 between 8:00 am - 22:00 pm or [email protected] between 9:00 am -18:00 pm

Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Ms. Atiluk Veespen

Support & Non-Voice Management

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

Edited by SamuiRes

Certain digital receivers have an RF out as well as the usual video out. This means you can network the signal throughout the house using RF cable, In my case we had 3 TV's connected to the same TV aerial , all we has to do was plug the RF out into the wall socket for the TV aerial and tune the TV's into the signal from the box.

I recently had to get a new box and asked the 'guy' if I could have one with the RF out, and got a new Topfield box. Works fine. Obviously only one channel can be watched on all TV's, but it is perfect for at night when in bed.

totster :D

• 3 months later...

so why do the new boxes have to have an internet connection?

our whole building was wired for TRUE and then they shut it all down - now nothing works - not even free to air - some bought boxes that need internet connections but i thought this was for streaming

its all greek to me

if anyone has answers PM me please

so why do the new boxes have to have an internet connection?

our whole building was wired for TRUE and then they shut it all down - now nothing works - not even free to air - some bought boxes that need internet connections but i thought this was for streaming

its all greek to me

if anyone has answers PM me please

Wired for true?

Sounds like someone used card sharing via internet, (dreambox)

The new box does not need internet connection, mine is not connected to the net.

All dreamboxes will stop to work when they change their encoding soon, that's why all legitimate subscribers must change boxes.