Lawyer

mikeinkamala

How about in Bangkok. Somebody that can take care of my wifes affairs in the event oft early demise and can also talk directly to my uk lawyers also

Try Khun Somchart,

He's got an office on the Bypass road,near the Duck Restaurant.

Thoroughly competent young guy,good English.

Edited by LivinginKata
email address removed as per forum rules

when these lawyer topics pop us and people recommend, I ask myself how many wins in court have you had with these lawyers?

Phuket is crowded with incompetent lawyers taking cases to court they have no chance whatsovere to win, and charge a fortune........to loose

There are a few good and honest ones tho :)

as for a will, fill out a form, have it signed and witnessed, have it registered at amphur, done

How about in Bangkok. Somebody that can take care of my wifes affairs in the event oft early demise and can also talk directly to my uk lawyers also

Try Khun Somchart,

He's got an office on the Bypass road,near the Duck Restaurant.

Thoroughly competent young guy,good English.

Yeah K Somchart great guy from my experience office opposite tesco lotus e mail me for numberbiggrin.gif

Thanks for this recommendation gents, I will send you a PM Sharp and ask you to send Somcharts email address or phone number to me. to me.

The reason I want a lawyer to draw up the will is because I want what I think is called a living will.

It means in the event I am seriously ill,hospitalised, suffer senile dementia or whatever and I am incapable of dealing with my own affairs then the executor to the will be able to access my Bank Accounts in order to pay my medical fees and or living costs.

In the event of my death money will have to be paid out to look after and maintain my house until it is sold which might be quite a long time.

If any body reading this has experience of such a will then I would very much appreciate your advice and help.

If this can be dealt with by buying a form and doing it myself then that would be great but I want to be sure that everything is properly dealt with according to Thai Law in order to make the terms of the will as tight as possible.

You can write your own will, you can also give your own wife/ partner/lady power of attorney

with your bank and needs to be renewed once a year, which gives her access to your funds in Thailand

as long as its your last will and testament thats all that matters

like all wills

• 5 months later...

Bumping up an old topic here i know. Going to try this guy Somchart thursday. Hope he's as good as people say he is although he can't be any worse than Joy from Patong. Don't want to do too much mouthing off on the forum but all i can say is, extremely slow, plenty of lies and excuses, very expensive and then some more lies and excuses.

I know she's had some critics on here before, maybe i should of listened to them. My advise, stay away! Seriously and joking aside, she will rip you off. Take your time to look around first. You've been warnedbah.gif

• 1 month later...

Bumping up an old topic here i know. Going to try this guy Somchart thursday. Hope he's as good as people say he is although he can't be any worse than Joy from Patong. Don't want to do too much mouthing off on the forum but all i can say is, extremely slow, plenty of lies and excuses, very expensive and then some more lies and excuses.

I know she's had some critics on here before, maybe i should of listened to them. My advise, stay away! Seriously and joking aside, she will rip you off. Take your time to look around first. You've been warnedbah.gif

I second this about Joy - cost me a few million and still not over. Totally incompetant.