Buy A New Scooter Or Wait Till 2012

Gregga

Today I was going to buy a new Honda click ( or Yamaha Mio) but now I'm in frustration. Which one is better?

Wouldn't it be better to wait till 2012 and get 2011 model cheaper or prices will be the same no matter what?

Has anyone such an experience buying a bike at the end of the year. :jap:

It all depends how bad you need it, can you wait or will you have to rent in the meantime. I don't know if the prises will go up for next year, properly but you will get a green book that says 2012 in it.

I never driven either bike, but the Honda got FI which will save you some money on fuel but not much as both are very economical.

I am in almost same situation as you, don't know if I will buy a PCX in Dec or wait until Jan, I will properly wait until 2012 before buying. They might also have new colors for next year, they sometimes do.

2012 changes are usually out by september/october. but you can often still buy a 2011 in January , and thus get 2011 model in 2012 reg book.

so ask in shops what the new model is, and get it when you need it. its usually new color and/or new stickers

and mio is 125cc injection, click is 110cc injection, in this segment I would prefere suzuki skydrive 125cc injection, faster, stronger, better brakes and quality at least on par, perhaps better

Don't expect any motorbike changes with the coming of the new calendar year. As noted, the new models are already out. You may get a slightly better deal on a bike now, but probably not more than a few hundred Baht difference. Forget the Mio and Click. I owned a Click, hated it and gave it away. What kind of bike has the rear wheel anchored on only one side -- are they kidding? These are school kids bikes, nothing more. Look at the Yamaha Nuovo if you want cheap and the Honda PCX if you are willing to pay more and want the best small automatic bike on the market today.

2012 changes are usually out by september/october. but you can often still buy a 2011 in January , and thus get 2011 model in 2012 reg book.

so ask in shops what the new model is, and get it when you need it. its usually new color and/or new stickers

and mio is 125cc injection, click is 110cc injection, in this segment I would prefere suzuki skydrive 125cc injection, faster, stronger, better brakes and quality at least on par, perhaps better

Are you sure the Mio is injection? the Mio RR 125 is not, liquid cooled yes.

I don't think it matters at all whether you buy now or not. There won't be discounts for 2011 models, and 2012 are already out, as has been noted.

PCX or Scoopy, depending on budget and preference. Both are going to have much better resale value than the other brands. Honda is like Toyota that way.

The non-fuel-injected automatics can use a lot of gas. The Mio used to be terrible (not sure they fixed it by now though as the Nuovo Elegance is also not FI but gets pretty good mileage).

Are you sure the Mio is injection? the Mio RR 125 is not, liquid cooled yes.

nope, but I am sure suzuki skydrive is :)

What kind of bike has the rear wheel anchored on only one side -- are they kidding?]

post-49205-0-96340300-1322188912_thumb.j

:)

all sportsbikes are mono shock

post-81971-0-47360200-1322210379_thumb.jpost-81971-0-38598900-1322210462_thumb.j

as for the small twist&go, single rear shock bikes are good up to 140Kg. More load, move up in size. Longer wheelbase, larger wheels with higher load index tyres, dual shocks and larger brakes. All making them able to carry more

I don't think it matters at all whether you buy now or not. There won't be discounts for 2011 models, and 2012 are already out, as has been noted.

PCX or Scoopy, depending on budget and preference. Both are going to have much better resale value than the other brands. Honda is like Toyota that way.

The non-fuel-injected automatics can use a lot of gas. The Mio used to be terrible (not sure they fixed it by now though as the Nuovo Elegance is also not FI but gets pretty good mileage).

I have a Nouvo Elegance and the gas mileage is great. Around town i get 37 km/l. I've just done some runs up to Chon Buri and i was getting close to 50 km/l.

I have a Nouvo Elegance and the gas mileage is great. Around town i get 37 km/l. I've just done some runs up to Chon Buri and i was getting close to 50 km/l.

yep 35km/liter is my typical around town with elegance, and I have measured my pcx past 1.000km and came out at exactly 40km/liter. no trips longer than 15km, both are full throttle until achieved desired speed, and top speed 80kmh

I've had a Mio 125 GTX for about 8 months now 23,000km cover and not a problem, she's very quick given that i'm 90kg and will hit 110 on a decent flat.

The Mio is not fuel injected as mentioned above, it's carbed but has a TPS (throttle position sensor) to allow for better mapping of the CDI thru out the engines rev range and throttle positions.

The bike has great under-seat storage, a powerful front brake (more than enough for this kind of bike) a zesty engine that can leave Honda Clicks behind providing it's not some anorexic thai bloke riding one lol :D

On the other hand a better bike than the Mio and click and just about anything else would be the Yamaha Nouvo 135 elegance, i believe the new colours are out now and it's a great bike if you are looking to buy an automatic.

I did read recently that Honda is coming out with a new engine. Was wondering if this will be their 'World" engine, as powering all of their small scooters.

Would not be surprised if this is so, and has made me put off the purchase of a new model until I can see which way the Honda wind will blow.

If I do not get the Honda, Yamaha 135cc Nouvo would win hands down.

• 2 weeks later...