Tourist Visa For India

I will be going to India soon, so I checked the Indian embassy website for Bangkok and found that they are no longer accepting visa applications and that all visa's must be applied for on line through the VFS. has anyone had any experience with this process. If so how long does it take to issue for a non Thai resident?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks Rick

Yes, Indian embassy stopped processing visas years ago. You are best applying from your home country if possible. If you hold an O visa you should be OK here in BKK but after that it's not at all clear.

I just had my pp returned after having my 10yr visa transf by VFS in WDC. It was straightforward and fast (USA) but needlessly complicated, WAY complicated (!!!). WAY too much information requested. In fact, it is so much hassle that when the visa finishes in 2014 - I will never return. They also scammed me for 3 bucks on a return mailer I resent very much after hitting me a total of about US60 just for the visa transf.

Anyway - there is loads of info on the Internets. Have a Google and try LPTT. I think the office is/near Glasshaus. Be prepared with background info personal and work.

Are you traveling to Ladakh in summer with Thai spouse/friend per chance? We are going for a month.

Edited by bangkokburning