Tata Young At Hard Rock Patong

KImoLolo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn.

I'd rather have teeth pulled.

Its a shame Thailand can't attract 'real' international artists.

You mean, like, Cliff Richard?

Hahaha, hell no.

Having tata young playing in hard rock cafe will only be a big deal to the Thais working there.

Can't say tourists even know who she is nor care for her horrible music.

She will never crack into the international music scene, she tried and failed numerous times plus she is long in the tooth now and bulked up.

Yawn.

I'd rather have teeth pulled.

Its a shame Thailand can't attract 'real' international artists.

You mean, like, Cliff Richard?

"real" international artists need bkk scenes with +5000 tickets, and thats what they do ;)

patong hard rock 50 people can see the "stage". is the (german?) manager still doing village people ymca :lol:

exception is the annual blues festival, moved to laguna? to bad used to be in my neighborhood. in february?

The blues festival is abuit as big as you can get forPhuket,it is just about viable,anything else would be commercial suicide...international acts cost big money Phuket dont attract big enough crowds to pay that money...KOH SAMUI tried it a few years ago was a big loss maker,they lost millions of :angry: baht

Ive never heard of him....am I missing something here?

You've been here years and never heard of Tata Young.

Used to be quite fit in her day but her music has always been crap

Seriously Ive never heard of her...I dont really keep up with the hollywood gossip, first I heard of Jamie Winehouse was after she died

The blues festival is abuit as big as you can get forPhuket,it is just about viable,anything else would be commercial suicide...international acts cost big money Phuket dont attract big enough crowds to pay that money...KOH SAMUI tried it a few years ago was a big loss maker,they lost millions of :angry: baht

its a shame really, people complaining about only small perfomers coming to Phuket, but the blues festival struggle to sell enough tickets to not lose money, even though its in world class

still, she has provided some of the most played songs in Thailand for a decade. where where you snamos B)

must admit I dont remember all the Thai( well many hasihasib) artists names as well, but Tata Young has been hard to miss

still, she has provided some of the most played songs in Thailand for a decade. where where you snamos B)

must admit I dont remember all the Thai( well many hasihasib) artists names as well, but Tata Young has been hard to miss

I always suck on the trivia nights when it comes to music questions.... perhaps it was the fact that for 6 years i worked in hospitality all over Sydney and up to byron bay...i found it difficult to switch on mtv or rage after coming home at 6am on a Sunday morning just completing a 12 hour shift

Edited by snamos

Well, I don't know him (Tata Young) either, and I've never been a fan of Jamie Winehouse (didn't he die recently?). I'm more of an Elvis Costello fan - you know, Blue Suede Shoes, Return to Sender; that sort of thing. She's great. :D

I saw that 'Boy George' was playing at seduction one night...he/she is kinda famous right?

are you thinking of that gay uk boy, would be +55 by now, seduction seems about right :lol: :lol:

Yep...well being a child of the 70s I remember 'culture club' 55555555555555555

I laughed when I heard that he (she?) was playing there

I saw that 'Boy George' was playing at seduction one night...he/she is kinda famous right?

are you thinking of that gay uk boy, would be +55 by now, seduction seems about right :lol: :lol:

Yep...well being a child of the 70s I remember 'culture club' 55555555555555555

I laughed when I heard that he (she?) was playing there

Old Boy George is a highly prized DJ these days at the highest level I'm told

I always suck on the trivia nights when it comes to music questions.... perhaps it was the fact that for 6 years i worked in hospitality all over Sydney and up to byron bay...i found it difficult to switch on mtv or rage after coming home at 6am on a Sunday morning just completing a 12 hour shift

LOL!!! I'm pretty good at trivia. I've been an audio engineer and stagehand for over 30 years. First group I did sound for was The Talking Heads in 1976. Many days were 14 to 20 plus hours... But since I'm in the "business" I stay somewhat current on things... I know about "Lady Gaga" but I haven't worked for him yet and probably won't. All the old time acts like the Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones,The Who, Cher, Madonna, Clapton, Kiss, Zappa, Pavarotti, etc, etc. Been there, done that and have lots of stories...biggrin.gif

I know about "Lady Gaga" but I haven't worked for him yet and probably won't. All the old time acts like the Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones,The Who, Cher, Madonna, Clapton, Kiss, Zappa, Pavarotti, etc, etc. Been there, done that and have lots of stories...biggrin.gif

You mean you have been Cheering Bob Smith Who Clapped Pavarotti while she Kissed Madonna's Stones. Frankly ,that's some Gaga airing to the fan.

Edited by Guest

I know about "Lady Gaga" but I haven't worked for him yet and probably won't. All the old time acts like the Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones,The Who, Cher, Madonna, Clapton, Kiss, Zappa, Pavarotti, etc, etc. Been there, done that and have lots of stories...biggrin.gif

You mean you have been Cheering Bob Smith Who Clapped Pavarotti while she Kissed Madonna's Stones. Frankly ,that's some Gaga airing to the fan.

Uh... No... That's not what I said , or meant. Perhaps you need an a reading course? I get paid to work, I rarely clap or cheer for anyone.

I didn't attend the concert but bought tickets for my gf and her sister. I am told Tata decided to wonder on-stage 2.5 hours after concert was supposed to start. I had a car/driver for them and had to pay extra for all the wait time. My gf said she couldn't enjoy the concert because she was too pissed off by the arrogance of making paying customers wait almost three hours to begin. Anyone see the concert?