My Particular Skills

I am soon moving to Thailand to be with, and marry my fiance. I have been working, in one way or another, in the Middle-East for about a year and a half. I am finally wanting to be done with this lifestyle and reside in LOS. I guess I could always teach but I was hoping to find something else that would fit my qaulifications. Does anybody have any suggestions about where I can possible look for employment? I have attached my resume so anybody can look at it and critique it and maybe offer some suggestions. Yes, I gues to "bugger off" would be considered a suggestion. But I am truly tired of working in the arm pits of the world and want to settle down to a life of peace, or maybe just not have people try to blow me up every now and then. I will settle for that. I thank you for any of your help.Resume_for_Garett_Tippin.doc

Resume_for_Garett_Tippin.doc

I wouldn't know in LOS but I think you could find a good job outside of LOS.

First option would be KBR/Halliburton outside of Iraq. They're a big company operating all over the world so for sure they could fit you in somewhere on rotation basis ( 6 on/3 off or whatever).Other defense contractors such as for example Dyncorp might be interested.

only armee things :-(

english theacher

maybe you can make the cert for diving theacher

Or make an own business

I am soon moving to Thailand to be with, and marry my fiance.  I have been working, in one way or another, in the Middle-East for about a year and a half.  I am finally wanting to be done with this lifestyle and reside in LOS.  I guess I could always teach but I was hoping to find something else that would fit my qaulifications.  Does anybody have any suggestions about where I can possible look for employment?  I have attached my resume so anybody can look at it and critique it and maybe offer some suggestions.  Yes, I gues to "bugger off" would be considered a suggestion.  But I am truly tired of working in the arm pits of the world and want to settle down to a life of peace, or maybe just not have people try to blow me up every now and then.  I will settle for that.  I thank you for any of your help.Resume_for_Garett_Tippin.doc

english theacher

Or make an own business

I am thinking of starting my own business, actually. That is probably what I am going to do...that way I am my own boss.

Not a lot for you im afraid, one thing for sure is that you will need to be out here to start the process off. I do know a couple of people with skills similar to your own that have started their own businesses, however they have been here over 10 years. Good networking and joining the appropriate Chamber of Commerce would be a good start. You could have a look at www.expatengineer.net that might help

Beer Tester at Heineken... :o

seriously...I see only getting self-employed in engineering consulting or the diving business. Both highly competitive and as far as diving goes nothing to make a fortune with. Not sure whether or not there are some options in demining at the Cambodian boarder, as far as I know there is still some work to do. If someone is willing to pay for it, no idea.

:o This is just a thought....I have looked at dozens of business opportunities in Thailand and I came to the conclusion they were all far too risky for me, having Thai partners ect.

So I took an other route and got involved in the advergame industry, setting up fundraisers and golf competitions.

I run this in the UK at present but fully intend involving myself in raising funds for Thai charities in the not too distant future.

This might be a fit for you, then again it might not.

There's no money in teaching or dive instruction but the concept of advergaming is huge business worldwide and I happen to think the opportunities in Asia could be fantastic.

If you'd like more specific info on this drop me a line at [email protected] :D

:o This is just a thought....I have looked at dozens of business opportunities in Thailand and I came to the conclusion they were all far too risky for me, having Thai partners ect.

So I took an other route and got involved in the advergame industry, setting up fundraisers and golf competitions.

I run this in the UK at present but fully intend involving myself in raising funds for Thai charities in the not too distant future.

There's no money in teaching or dive instruction but the concept of advergaming is huge business worldwide and I happen to think the opportunities in Asia could be fantastic.

I swear that I remember reading about something like this somewhere. I will email you because it does sound very interesting

Edited by gbt71fa

english theacher

Or make an own business

I am soon moving to Thailand to be with, and marry my fiance.  I have been working, in one way or another, in the Middle-East for about a year and a half.  I am finally wanting to be done with this lifestyle and reside in LOS.  I guess I could always teach but I was hoping to find something else that would fit my qaulifications.  Does anybody have any suggestions about where I can possible look for employment?  I have attached my resume so anybody can look at it and critique it and maybe offer some suggestions.  Yes, I gues to "bugger off" would be considered a suggestion.  But I am truly tired of working in the arm pits of the world and want to settle down to a life of peace, or maybe just not have people try to blow me up every now and then.  I will settle for that.  I thank you for any of your help.Resume_for_Garett_Tippin.doc

I used to salvage dive work back in the 90's. It was back-breaking but a whole lot of fun.

What about setting up a recruitment company, recruiting for companies in Iraq etc...  You could do it over the internet.

Hmm, that is a thought. I will ask around. The only problem that I can forsee is that most of the companies in Iraq have a long standing relationship with federal governement and are very jealous of their hold on certain projects. Still though, there has to be other areas to look into.

I swear that I remember reading about something like this somewhere. I will email you because it does sound very interesting

It certainly is interesting, I've sent you the information you asked for or anyhow !