Samsung Dlp

rono

After a long time waiting for prices of plasma to go down I decided to go shopping for a big screen. Did some research about the pros and cons of plasma, lcd and projection and decided to go for a 40" lcd.

At the shop my wife was looking around with me and she told me she wanted something bigger. I looked at the samsung dlp50" from different angles, talked with the sales about expected lifetime and cost of replacement bulb and finally bought the dlp.

From AVS site I learned that most dlp users are very happy with it, I expect mine to be delivered by tomorrow.

Are there any here who have dlp, what are your thoughts?

rono

I use DLP but front projection not rear.. In the earky days rainbow issues existed for some but the HD2 chips (probably whats in your RPTV) combined with 7s color wheel etc make this moot.. No one has seen them on my setup here so its a very very small amount of people who still percieve this anomoly..

BTW I moderate over on AVS..

Did some research about the pros and cons of plasma, lcd and projection and decided to go for a 40" lcd.

At the shop my wife was looking around with me and she told me she wanted something bigger.

That doesnt happen too often, good on your wife.

The Samsung's had good write-ups in the US and have probably the most experience with rear projection DLP Tv's, wouldnt worry - just make sure you fill out the manufacturers guarantee rather than relying on the shop,