Bkk; Klong Tom Market?

asanee

Saw a short mention of it in BKKpost lately, plus somewhere else rec. it, thus looked at my map and asked around a bit (but I stay in Thonburi, probably to far off):

Where is it?

What is so special on this market that it should be worthwhile going there? For me the Chatuchak weekendmarket is mainly a tourist catch-all and ANY local Thaistyle market (fresh fruits/rice, clothes) etc, does look very much the same, so it msut have some special things to make it worthwhile?

The Klong Thom Market is located near Chinatown in the area around Mahachak Road and Soi Chong Charoen Phanit. This market is the place for hardware, tools and related materials.

One area of this market also specializes in antiques and electrical items, although some of the decrepit old-looking items may not come under a strict definition of 'antique'

post-19740-1132635701_thumb.jpg

The last one is not the same - it's shows Tonburi. The first picture is better - you should be looking across the Thieves market on Chakrawat rd.

It's a "proper" building with a car park above the market - look for KFC and 7-eleven outlets.

It's a "proper" building with a car park above the market - look for KFC and 7-eleven outlets.

Thanks for this, this clarifies it for me, thats where the CHinese, and even an awful lot (so it seems) of ''slightly illegal' mainland Chinese migrants look for work/something to earn. have been there (but did not know the name then) and not so interested in old 3d hand carparts etc. Guess the newto open CARREFOUR at issarapap=just over Sapan Put is much, much better and has better offers for what we actually want.

• 4 years later...