New York Pizza

bazmlb

We had a great pizza delivered from there the other week, we live deep in the dark side and have had a few problems over the last couple of years with delivered food (Mrs Bigjimmy isn't always that keen to go and get it for me!!) but we ordered from from The New York Pizza House we were told within 30 minutes, it all came with 25 minutes, was piping hot and lovely!!

Will be a regular customer.

Mr and Mr Bigjimmy

Great, but the place is actually called:

New York Pizza HOUSE

Are you the A-Z on Pattaya restaurants or something?

You're welcome. (They paid for an ad, may as well get their name right.)

BTW, I humbly suggest trying the New York Pizza's HOUSE pizzas -- in their house. Why? Those first few minutes of just fresh from the oven are so delightful to enjoy the glorious cheese--iness of their pizzas.

Don't say NEIN NEIN NEIN (999) to New York Pizza House's fine pizzas! Say YAH YAH YAH!

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 weeks later...

Only been here five days and I am lucky to have found this pizza. Had three pizzas so far.

Last night had a medium delivered. They were happy to do a half and half. One side - double ham, pineapple, and mushroom (tinned mushrooms). Other side, double pepperoni, sweet pepper and tomato. This time I ordered with a "Normal:" thick crust, and extra sauce... I have also had the thin crust and it works well (but probably not for a four or five topping pizza) - not a thin, boring, cracker-like, Italian 'thin' crust, but still bread and still flexible.

Dough has a chewy/crunchy consistency with a rich bready taste and yeasty undertones. Sauce (extra - free) tasted like tomatoes - not ketchupy or sweet. Cheese was decent (perhaps a little too much cheese actually). And the cheese/sauce integration was right on - gooey and stringy and juicy all at the same time. And without sliding off the dough. Decent quality and quantity of toppings too.

Really the best pizza overall I have found in Thailand (but I live in Chiangmai - nothing special there for anything other than 'traditional' Italian 'cracker' pizzas).

Mark

post-55564-0-14740500-1324697184_thumb.j

Edited by wjmark

Only been here five days and I am lucky to have found this pizza. Had three pizzas so far.

Last night had a medium delivered. They were happy to do a half and half. One side - double ham, pineapple, and mushroom (tinned mushrooms). Other side, double pepperoni, sweet pepper and tomato. This time I ordered with a "Normal:" thick crust, and extra sauce... I have also had the thin crust and it works well (but probably not for a four or five topping pizza) - not a thin, boring, cracker-like, Italian 'thin' crust, but still bread and still flexible.

Dough has a chewy/crunchy consistency with a rich bready taste and yeasty undertones. Sauce (extra - free) tasted like tomatoes - not ketchupy or sweet. Cheese was decent (perhaps a little too much cheese actually). And the cheese/sauce integration was right on - gooey and stringy and juicy all at the same time. And without sliding off the dough. Decent quality and quantity of toppings too.

Really the best pizza overall I have found in Thailand (but I live in Chiangmai - nothing special there for anything other than 'traditional' Italian 'cracker' pizzas).

Mark

post-55564-0-14740500-1324697184_thumb.j

Thanks for the best pizza post in a looong time.

Is it better than the Duke's pizza? I think theirs are pretty good.

I like the Dukes (Chiangmai), but do find their pizzas a little (I hate to use the word) insipid. The tomato sauce is good, but a little boring. The crust is decent but not really 'bready' and yeasty.

I just tried a piece of last night's NYPH leftover crust, and it is still really good - chewy (not dried out!), and a really good taste just by itself.

Also, I have never found a real cohesion to the Duke's pizza - good toppings, decent size, etc etc, but the flavours just don't meld. You can taste all the bits individually, but they just don't meld.

I remember the first Dukes I had (about 5 years ago), and I think they have changed the cheese since. I remember it having a 'cheddery' taste (while not 'traditional', I like that style too), and I prefer that to the few I have had since.

Yes, I would say much much better than the Duke's zaa.

Duke's - good to eat. decent overall, no desire to have one the next day or the next week.

NYPH - I keep wanting to order them again (had 3 in my 5 days in Pattaya...).

I too have become a big fan of New York Pizza. I find their ingredients tasty and of high quality and they are generous with them as well. They also deliver to the Farside very quickly (and keep a database of numbers/addresses for future orders). I agree the pizza dough is tasty and they use some corn-bread flour layer on the bottom, which is a nice touch as well. My only complaint about the crust is that it can be a little hard on the bottom. It is not burnt but just hard...I don't know if the dough doesn't have enough moisture in it when it's popped into the over.

What I really like, however, is that in addition to the standard tomato sauce, they also have a white garlic sauce, which to me is twice or thrice as yummy as any tomato sauce (find tomato sauce makes a pizza too acidic and sometimes soggy/watery). Prices are also very competitive and I find the pies a very good value for size (generous).

My standard order is a "thick normal" crust (which is really just a "normal" crust to an American... nothing "thick" about it), pepperoni, salami, and olives, with the garlic sauce. Aroy Maak Maak licklips.gif

Edited by FarangBuddha

I too was a fan of New York Pizza until last week when I spent the day on the toilet. Serves me right, it didn't taste quite right and I still eat it. Ham and Mushroom was what I had but I am sorry if I have "OFF" food once I wont be going back.

I agree the pizza dough is tasty and they use some corn-bread flour layer on the bottom, which is a nice touch as well. My only complaint about the crust is that it can be a little hard on the bottom. It is not burnt but just hard...I don't know if the dough doesn't have enough moisture in it when it's popped into the over. (snip...) My standard order is a "thick normal" crust (which is really just a "normal" crust to an American... nothing "thick" about it)

Yes - a decent version of the 'normal' N.A. crust. My guess is that the oven is not blazing hot the way it would be back in N.America - home of our IMHO much more interesting and satisfying "N.American Style Pizza", of which this place is a good example.

It's by no means the best pizza I have ever had, but it is a very respectable and complete version of the kind of pizza I like. And yah - it's the most satisfying I have had in Thailand, by far. Pizza relies heavily on the satisfaction quotient, and this one touched all the bases correctly!

If it were a little crispier on the bottom (hotter oven), a little yeastier (hotter oven - faster cooking time), and if the shredded onions and sweet peppers and edges of the meats had crisped a bit on top of the pizza (hotter oven), it would be much much better.

A better cheese, and top quality meats and they would have a very good pizza indeed. A wider choice of toppings (real olives, capers, feta, spinach, cheddar, etc), they would have what makes North American pizzas truly the "Food of the Gods".

I had another one last night - ham ham sausage (good sausage!) onion sweet-pepper garlic extra sauce, w/ the blue-cheese dip.

No mas - I think I have had enough pizza for one week.

ps - RabC - too bad. Can happen anywhere anytime. But shouldn't happen - ever.

---

Here's a couple hours of reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Edited by wjmark

I too was a fan of New York Pizza until last week when I spent the day on the toilet. Serves me right, it didn't taste quite right and I still eat it. Ham and Mushroom was what I had but I am sorry if I have "OFF" food once I wont be going back.

Sorry about your misadventure, however, if I followed your rule, I wouldn't have anywhere to eat in Pattaya. Unfortunately, food can be contaminated at many points along the food chain (not necessarily at the restaurant either) and if just a fact of life when one eats out (in any country).

I like New York Pizza House. It is a good cheesy pizza. I suggest eating it in house as it really loses something after a few minutes out of the oven.

But I also like the pizza at Deli-zza in Jomtien. Someone else called it midwest style but I found it more New York (city) style than New York Pizza House (which to be fair has origins in upstate New York, not NYC)!

I used to like Volterra near (Soi Yensabai) for Italian style pizza but was a little let down my last visit.

Edited by Jingthing

Looks rather expensive to me, but many things here do.

Not really when you take in the fact that they are quite a bit larger than your typical Pattaya. Also, being American style rather than euro/Italian, there is much more cheese and toppings on them (if that's how one likes their pizzas).