What Is Happening In Na-Jomtien?

sirbrinkie

Next door to La Royale Condominium (where used to be Tarzan Hut) both the Nova Group and Centara Resorts have erected billboards advertising that they are going to built there in the near future. The Centara Resorts showroom - Beach Side - seems like it will open very soon while we presume that Nova is also building their showroom on the Road side........

This could be a major development in the Na-Jomtien area?????

I believe there is a new condo/hotel project going up there. This is a new trend here and there are quite a few of these that are starting to take shape. One is the Waterfront next to Bali Hai and the other is the Centara Avenue project which is behind the Avenue Shooping Mall near Soi Buakow. The hotel company will manage and maintain the condos as well as the hotel, and condo owners have full run of the hotel facilities and restaurants.

a bit of an aside:

what does the 'na' mean?

It means outside, front, or face.

But in this case, Na Jomtien is the name of a community directly to the South of Jomtien.

Sorry, you are wrong there. This "Na" is not the face, but the rice field. (Se the Thai writing, only "Nor nuu - sara ah")

a bit of an aside:

what does the 'na' mean?

But in this case, Na Jomtien is the name of a community directly to the South of Jomtien.

Sorry, you are wrong there. This "Na" is not the face, but the rice field. (Se the Thai writing, only "Nor nuu - sara ah")

Well, since deejah provided a transliteration without the Thai script it could mean a lot more things including:

rice field = นา naaM (as you mentioned) or

aunt/uncle = น้า naaH.

But I am not wrong about face = หน้า naaF

ref: http://www.thai-language.com/

Anyway, this is moving ::offtopic2::This thread is not about Thai language, it's about "What's happening in Na-Jomtien?".

Getting back on topic, there was a rumor several years back that "The World's Largest Hotel" was going to be built around there.

Edited by BB1950

Nova are building Nam Talay Condo...good value units in a good location

If I am not mistaken, the Centara project will be built in front of this development. My friends live at Le Royale and understand the front building is going to be very tall. Unfortunately for them.

a bit of an aside:

what does the 'na' mean?

Well, since deejah provided a transliteration without the Thai script it could mean a lot more things including:

rice field = นา naaM (as you mentioned) or

aunt/uncle = น้า naaH.

But I am not wrong about face = หน้า naaF

Anyway, this is moving ::offtopic2::This thread is not about Thai Language, it's about "What's happening in Na-Jomtien?".

Getting back on topic, there was a rumor several years back that "The World's Largest Hotel" was going to be built around there.

Don't they have that already? The Ambassador City Hotel. Mindyou it must be twenty years old by now. Btw... I live in Ban Amphur (8 years) which is in the sub district of Na-Jomtien and people have asked me for years what does "Na" mean and I tell them, face.

Don't they have that already? The Ambassador City Hotel. Mindyou it must be twenty years old by now.

I was told by some Real Estate agent, it was going to be West of Alangkarn and to the North of the Ambassador City Hotel. Somewhere off Na Jomtien - Soi 6. Mind you this was about 5 years ago when all these grandiose 'pie in the sky' developments were being announced, such as the Disneyland development, "The Beaches", and the "World's Largest Water Park in Asia".

I've learned since then that the agents/developers in the area were no better than snake oil salesmen! Don't believe a word they say!

Hmmm.... I wonder what happened with the water park? Wasn't it supposed to open about now? At one point there were comments on TV that construction was in progress.

Yes, come to think of it the Ambassador City Hotel was probably one of the world's largest hotels in it's day. What is it, about 4,000 - 5,000 rooms?

Edited by BB1950

Don't they have that already? The Ambassador City Hotel. Mindyou it must be twenty years old by now.

I was told by some Real Estate agent, it was going to be West of Alangkarn and to the North of the Ambassador City Hotel. Somewhere off Na Jomtien - Soi 6. Mind you this was about 5 years ago when all these grandiose 'pie in the sky' developments were being announced, such as the Disneyland development, "The Beaches", and the "World's Largest Water Park in Asia".

I've learned since then that the agents/developers in the area were no better than snake oil salesmen! Don't believe a word they say!

Hmmm.... I wonder what happened with the water park? Wasn't it supposed to open about now? At one point there were comments on TV that construction was in progress.

Yes, come to think of it the Ambassador City Hotel was probably one of the world's largest hotels in it's day. What is it, about 4,000 - 5,000 rooms?

Isn't NaJomtien Soi 6 Huay Yai road, but to the West of Suk? Lots of room there, but no real beach.

That water park should be open shortly. I have a good friend working there. I think he's doing the Russian signs, etc. Fluent Russian, Thai and English. Lucky guy.

You can tell it's almost high season. Ambassador is quite busy now. But looking pretty tired.

Isn't NaJomtien Soi 6 Huay Yai road, but to the West of Suk? Lots of room there, but no real beach.

Yup.

I thought Na Jomtien 6 was the one opposite the Huay Yai road, the one that goes past Na Jomtien police station and down to the beach, yes?

Edit: Oh yes that is what you kind of said Craig!!laugh.gif

Edited by LennyW

The Venetian in macau is the largest hotel in the world

I go to Na Jontien beach to kite surf, right next to The Ambassador Hotel, not a great deal of beach, lots of water sports, thats in that section of the beach, there are quite a few little bits of beach along there with various cool beach bars and restaurants.

jimmy

My friends live at Le Royale and understand the front building is going to be very tall. Unfortunately for them.

Ah. That would be a Jomtien Complex/View Talay 7 remake then.

Nothing really new, is there?

The signs say it is a development by Centara. Suppose to be massive.

The Ventian in Macau has 3,000 rooms. Ambassador City 4,210.

But the venetian in Las vegas has 7128 rooms and the Genting highlands in Malaysia 10.000+

http://www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/largesthotels.htm

But the venetian in Las vegas has 7128 rooms and the Genting highlands in Malaysia 10.000+

http://www.vegastoda...rgesthotels.htm

At the time it was built the Ambassador was a record breaker, i think it still has (until very recently anyway) the biggest swimming pool in Asia? , no wonder the project engineer has a soi named after him in Bang Saray!!

Five hotels in Genting make up the 10k rooms, First World Hotel in Genting is the fourth largest hotel in the world by rooms. with of 6,118 rooms.

The largest according to Wiki is Izmailovo Hotel Moscow 7,500 rooms the next is The Venetian & The Palazzo Las Vegas 7,117 rooms

I wouldn't know I only ever stayed at the Venetian. :whistling: