Moroccan Restaurant Opening On 3Rd Road

Michaelaway

Zipping down 3rd Rd. on the motorbike this morning, I saw a big, new Moroccan Restaurant sign. Below, work was ongoing; definitely looked like a build-out-in-progress. Located near Miracle Suites, just down from the Thappraya overpass. Pattaya and Jomtien are really becoming culinarily diverse, with food options from so many places... exciting!

B)

post-72929-0-99653600-1322538591_thumb.j

Very nice JT but the addition of sugar on the top i am not so sure about,i have had something very similar years ago but it was glazed with a fruity/spicy combo...if you like Tajine's just get the slow cooker out all the ingredients are here in Thailand,very similar style of cooking as the Morrocans and north Africans tend to always use braised meat,fruit and nuts in many many dishes.

:) صحّتين

Any idea about when it will open?

I walked by the place at night and it was totally shut up. From the looks of it, it looked like it was a business that HAD been open before but bombed, rather than one getting ready to open later, but I really couldn't tell. No signs or anything.

Any idea about when it will open?

I walked by the place at night and it was totally shut up. From the looks of it, it looked like it was a business that HAD been open before but bombed, rather than one getting ready to open later, but I really couldn't tell. No signs or anything.

Went past the place again today, and didn't see any work going on. So, at this point, there doesn't seem to be any sure way of knowing whether they're opening soon, morphing into something else or what. However... I really don't remember seeing that Moroccan restaurant sign there before a couple of weeks ago, so I remain steadfastly hopeful that it will indeed be Tagine Time in South Pattaya soon!

B)

post-72929-0-38314200-1323081694_thumb.j

Edited by Michaelaway

I share your hopes for the place. The location is a little out there, so if it does open up and it turns out to be decent, lets hope the crowd here can help support them. It's brave to open something different like that.

Edited by Jingthing

There is a good Moroccan restaurant at the Village Center on Sukumvit Road. It's called L'eventini. The man that owns it is really nice and originates from Morocco. 4 course lunch is only 300 bhat and well worth it.

He changes the menu regularly as he has a good following.

If you havn't been - try it.

It's at the back of the Village Center on the left hand side. No rip off prices either and the wines cheap

There is a good Moroccan restaurant at the Village Center on Sukumvit Road. It's called L'eventini. The man that owns it is really nice and originates from Morocco. 4 course lunch is only 300 bhat and well worth it.

He changes the menu regularly as he has a good following.

If you havn't been - try it.

It's at the back of the Village Center on the left hand side. No rip off prices either and the wines cheap

Wow. I totally forgot about that place. Haven't been.

http://www.pattayamail.com/880/dining.shtml

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh heck! No volunteers so I checked this place out myself.

My SUBJECTIVE comments follow.

Decor and atmosphere: trendy, relaxing, modern nightclub lounge, would not be out of place in Paris

Menu: Moroccan and French influenced European

Prices: TOURISTIC LEVEL (value conscious expats -- this place is not your scene!)

I had:

Chicken bastilla, 100 baht.

Authentic Moroccan bastilla.

Portion was TEENY TINY. I am used to this dish as a share dish in a feast setting. This portion was about 1/20 the size. In any case, no way is it big enough to share. Flavor, believable. I hadn't had bastilla in years and now I have.

Chicken and olives Tajine 340

One whole chicken leg served in a traditional tajine dish with cubed potatoes, green olives, in a thin tomato based sauce. Bread on the side. No other vegetables in stew. Flavor, good. To me it tasted more Spanish than Moroccan. I certainly have had better tajine dishes in my life, but it was definitely acceptable. (Harissa hot sauce offered on request)

Other tajines on the menu, such as chicken and almonds, beef, and a fish one at 390 baht.

Couscous Royale (merguez not mentioned) at 450 baht

Soda water 40 baht

No plus plus

Check pushed 500 baht. Frankly, I won't be back for a long time. I liked the food, but you can do so much better in town food-wise for 500 baht. I get that part of what you are paying for is the fashionable atmosphere. I'm not willing to pay for that. If the meal had been 300 baht, I'd be a regular! So for the less price sensitive, you should probably check it out.

Also note: BOTH dishes came very fast. I guess you know what that means. However, the flavor didn't seem to suffer much.

Also also note: In the soi feeding into 3rd road where the restaurant is located, there is a new AFRICAN restaurant and nightclub. Very small menu, prices 200 baht-ish, for example a Senegal rice dish. No Ethiopian food. Passing by later I noticed it was a nightclub scene with well dressed partying young Africans. Nobody was eating.

Edited by Jingthing