Renting In Phuket

piers

Finding a house to rent in Phuket "City" is all about word-of-mouth.

For apartments, just look in the Phuket Gazette directory and telephone around. Need someone who speaks Thai obviously. This is also advisable to ensure u dont end up paying over the odds. Not sure how many 2 bedrooms there are in town though.

For a house, i may be wrong but if you can't find one through word of mouth, your best bet is to drive around the sois where u'd like to live and look for "for rent" signs.

There is a website which has some houses in Phuket City on it but i've lost the addy. Will post it if i find it.

Good luck.

Plenty of cheap 2-bed houses (not so sure about apartments) in and around Phuket Town. The best way is either the Phuket Gazette classifieds, looking on the notice boards in various largish supermarkets in the town or, as the previous poster suggested, hiring a taxi for the afternoon and driving round the areas you prefer looking for rent signs.

The Phuket Villas estates just outside the town have plenty of small villas for rent at (usually) reasonable prices if that kind of thing is what you like.

:D thanks for the advice ! am going to get a copy of the Phuket gazette and see what i can find ! am staying in a tiny room at the school where I work, for the moment .... :o so will be really top of the pops if I can at last get my own digs :D

cheers