Favourite Music Video Thread

smokie36

Too many to list but some of my favorite videos are greater than the sum of their parts; ie a reasonably good song and a good video combined can come out to be truly great. First case in point: I'm not a huge fan of George Michael and doubt I'd have noticed the song on its own that but I love the the "Freedom '90" MV (no youtube I'm afraid): 90s supermodels brilliantly directed by (the now renowned filmmaker) David Fincher -- what's not to love? And the artist who made the music doesn't appear once in the video -- an interesting departure from the norm.

In fact, Fincher made a few MVs that made me appreciate certain songs probably more than I would have otherwise.

Too many to list but some of my favorite videos are greater than the sum of their parts; ie a reasonably good song and a good video combined can come out to be truly great. First case in point: I'm not a huge fan of George Michael and doubt I'd have noticed the song on its own that but I love the the "Freedom '90" MV (no youtube I'm afraid): 90s supermodels brilliantly directed by (the now renowned filmmaker) David Fincher -- what's not to love? And the artist who made the music doesn't appear once in the video -- an interesting departure from the norm.

In fact, Fincher made a few MVs that made me appreciate certain songs probably more than I would have otherwise.

Adding the vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAFiL0SD58

For those of us who saw him, this video sums up everything that was great about the man.

No fancy lightshows or pyrotechnics, no backing singers/hangers on, no poncy syncronised dance steps, just staright forward blues/rock.

Check out the interaction with the crowd, no goons/security types in sight. This is outta control.

Rory RIP, THE BEST.

Two videos by top fashion photographers. The Robert Palmer video is by Terence Donovan and was credited with making the song a global hit.The video having a bigger impact than the song.

The Pet Shop Boys video is by Bruce Weber, who was shooting those Calvin Klein ads for Obsession with Kate Moss at the time.This video almost makes me want to be young again, was this how it really was?

that's a hard one smokie and will have to give it some thought !

but for the mean time i am going to throw this one into the mix. one of my present day fav bands with a video that is so simple , but speaks volumes without having to go to deep.

Edited by tigerfish

that's a hard one smokie and will have to give it some thought !

but for the mean time i am going to throw this one into the mix. one of my present day fav bands with a video that is so simple , but speaks volumes without having to go to deep.

biggrin.gif Medallion man.....Its you innit? whistling.gif