90 Day Reporting

Hi,

On Sept 1st, I received a Non Immigrit O (support Thai wife) visa from the embassy in Nong Khai.

Last week I turned in the paperwork for my first extension to the immigration officer in Mai Sai. He took all my paperwork, stamped my passport with:

MAESAI IMMIGRATION OFFICE

APPLICATION OF STAY IS UNDER CONDIDERATION OF

THE IMMAGRATION BUREAU. APPLICANT MUST CONTACT

THIS OFFICE AGAIN IN PERSON ON 26 DEC, 2005

He then signed his name and stamped the date of this new stamp, 17 Nov, 2005.

My question is, Does the 17 Nov stamp count as my 90 day reporting or do I still have to fill out a TM47 before 29 Nov (90 Days).

Thanks for your help.

Just so everyone reads from the same book the Embassy would have been in Vientiane, not Nong Khai and the O "other" is issued to visit your wife and does not require you to support her.

As for your question it seems to be a new policy to consider your first application for extension of stay as your first 90 day report according to the official immigration web site. On your next visit you should confirm the next report date as one person has been told it is 90 days after you receive the final one year extension approval. To me it should be from the 17 Nov date you first requested and filed the Tm.7 But more important that you follow what they say. :o

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Hi,

On Sept 1st, I received a Non Immigrit O (support Thai wife) visa from the embassy in Nong Khai.

Last week I turned in the paperwork for my first extension to the immigration officer in Mai Sai. He took all my paperwork, stamped my passport with:

MAESAI IMMIGRATION OFFICE

APPLICATION OF STAY IS UNDER CONDIDERATION OF

THE IMMAGRATION BUREAU. APPLICANT MUST CONTACT

THIS OFFICE AGAIN IN PERSON ON 26 DEC, 2005

He then signed his name and stamped the date of this new stamp, 17 Nov, 2005.

My question is, Does the 17 Nov stamp count as my 90 day reporting or do I still have to fill out a TM47 before 29 Nov (90 Days).

Thanks for your help.

I doubt if any one with even half a brain could understand your post