Google Adds

GuestHouse

Has anyone here experience with using google adds?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if they generate much income (OK I know that's a traffic based calculation) but are they in your own experience worth adding to your website?

Also. Are you able to select the content of the adds that show?

You might not, for example, want animal rights adds apearing if you were selling leather goods on your site.

Ta in advance.

Has anyone here experience with using google adds?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if they generate much income (OK I know that's a traffic based calculation) but are they in your own experience worth adding to your website?

Also. Are you able to select the content of the adds that show?

You might not, for example, want animal rights adds apearing if you were selling leather goods on your site.

Ta in advance.

A site with minimal traffic can make a few dollars a day. Content can be restircted but it is a fine art.

I've been using Google ads for almost a year now. My web sites are mainly public service sorts of things Information about Saipan, Narita Layover, etc.

I make about $200 a year, which covers hosting and other costs.

I don't make any attempts to promote my web sites, but they still get about 10,000 page impressions (hits) per month, on pages with ads. In the last 12 months I got a total of 1,055,946 hits (including pages with no ads).

The Google ad server attempts to post ads that are related to the content of your site. This doesn't always work very well. Once you get into it you'll see that there are both official and unofficial ways to alter this.

This is just a hobby for me; not a money-making venture. Putting up the Google ads was just a way to recoup some of the expense now that I'm a fixed-income retired geezer.

Hi Buadhai,

I have a Jokes webpage that is also a hobby to help me learn html, css, php and MySql. I also have www.justjoolz.com and www.betsprint.com linked to the same site.

The site currently consists of a single page, desperately needing a graphic designer who is not "colour deaf". The site interrogates and displays information from a database. No need to subscribe to be able to very simply add a joke.

>>> ... still get about 10,000 page impressions (hits) per month, on pages with ads.

I am under the impression that hits is the number of requests to the server and if you have a dozen links to graphics within your webpage then this would count as thirteen hits. When looking at your webstats a more meaningful statistic would be pageloads.

On my site try clicking the bottom right hand '|', just to the right of the number. This will direct you to a free service that offers extremely detailed webstats. One feature that I like is the city & country where the reader is from and a far more useful feature is what and where the user typed in to the search engine. By drilling down it is possible to see what page number on Yahoo, MSN, Google, Jeeves, LookSmart, Lycos, AltaVista, etc that my site appears.

For example try typing "please be a sweetie and lift the seatie" into MSN, Yahoo and Google. The rankings are 1, 37 and 'not found' respectively. I would love to know why Google seldom finds any searches?

I have also raised a thread in this forum on Search Engine Optimisation which quite a few knowledgeable people replied but unfortunately none gave an exact explanation to my question.

Searh Engine Optimisation is the way to go!

Cheers,

John_Betong

Well, I was trying to keep things kind of simple. The Google Adsense term "Page Impressions" is the same as pageloads. In any event, here are the detailed stats that my web host offers through Webilizer:

post-9636-1132808260_thumb.jpg

It also offers very detailed stats including referrers, search strings, etc.