Where To Buy Ipad (Which Mobile Network)?

as2100dk

Hi,

I'm staying in Bangkok and considering buying a iPad 2.

Where to find the best deal? Including data package etc. Don't know yet whether to choose the Wifi only model or the Wifi AND 3G.

True, DTAC, AIS or whatever best/cheapest...

Thanks in advance!

Alan

Decision on wifi only or 3G+wifi really depends on your needs...

I have a 3G+wifi iPad 1 but then for the iPad 2, I only got wifi...

Are you always on the move? If you are, 3G+wifi is for u! Assuming you are going with that... TRUE (IMHO) is the best option because you get a "relatively" fast 3G network and all the major malls have TRUE wifi. You get unlimited TRUE wifi when you sign up with them... I think its still the same. Am on that with my iPhone4 now... and I just tether the iPad to it when wifi is not available.

Sorry... sounds a little confusing...

Decision on wifi only or 3G+wifi really depends on your needs...

I have a 3G+wifi iPad 1 but then for the iPad 2, I only got wifi...

Are you always on the move? If you are, 3G+wifi is for u! Assuming you are going with that... TRUE (IMHO) is the best option because you get a "relatively" fast 3G network and all the major malls have TRUE wifi. You get unlimited TRUE wifi when you sign up with them... I think its still the same. Am on that with my iPhone4 now... and I just tether the iPad to it when wifi is not available.

Sorry... sounds a little confusing...

Thanks roadrunerboi,

No, it doesn't sound confusing... at least not more confusing than the mobile/network market in my home country ;-)

Are there any disadvantages choosing the 3G + Wifi... except being more expensive?

Is it possible in Thailand (like in my home country) to buy the iPad including a subscription (for instance at TRUE) and then pay a monthly rate (supposedly with a minimum contract period)? I mean so I don't have to pay the price of the iPad all at ones? Hope THIS is not too confusing ;-)

Are there any disadvantages choosing the 3G + Wifi... except being more expensive?

Its more difficult to jailbreak! 555

Nah... dont think there are disadvantages...

Maybe if you go pre-paid, you top up the air time but you never really finish it and it goes to waste due to expiration...

Is it possible in Thailand (like in my home country) to buy the iPad including a subscription (for instance at TRUE) and then pay a monthly rate (supposedly with a minimum contract period)? I mean so I don't have to pay the price of the iPad all at ones? Hope THIS is not too confusing ;-)

AIS had some promotion today cos they just launched their 3G...its in the Bangkok Post.

Check out the stores for payment plans... I think they are still available.

• 1 month later...

Check the package your micro sim came in. Some providers include an adaptor for normal size sim use although i recall MBK had to cut down normal sims for use with my ipads.

Failing that see if the true move ipad app covers your needs.