Siam Commercial Bank Internet Down For 2 Days...That I Know Of

What a pile of arse. This is supposedly an international bank? With business transactions to make, I can't sit around for 2 days, so gave them a call and the only response was "oh hoeeeiiee solly sir". In fact that doesn't help, so what are you doing about it??? .....silence. "Hello sir, are you there?" Are you??? "OK sir, try again in 15 minutes". Balls. Rant over.

I made a transfer yesterday at 8.30am so it was accessible then so not sure where the two days comes from...

However I cannot seem to get past the index page at the moment but as the poster above says it can happen anywhere.- just glad I was able to do what i wanted yesterday.....:whistling:

Always wise to have more than one bank account in Thailand, one goes down use the other.

Happens all the time with ATM's etc too, out of money, broken, telephone line down, electric out etc.

If you have an alternate there's no problem.

I called them a couple days ago....their automated system answered, and then I was on hold forever... And that happened a couple of times...so each time after waiting a long time...I finally hung up... Then on about the 4th time trying back, someone live finally picked up the phone late in the afternoon.

I don't know, but I'd guess they're having some problems with flooding...

Just open account new with Kaisikorn Bank (K-Bank) as Igot totally sick of Bangkok Bank paperwork, excuses slowness and !!!. They refused togive me Credit Card as my Salary was not paid in with my savings account withcorrect transaction code SAL only interbank transfer code IB!!!

Went to K-Bank last Friday walked out with account openand debit card had internet bank by time I woke up the next morning Saturday. Theyrang me Tuesday about Credit card application. Told me I know if application was approved in 5 days. So far seem much more customer focused friendly thanBangkok Bank and internet banking site is very functional and fast. Early days I know but! Chalk and Cheese to deal with.

Just open account new with Kaisikorn Bank (K-Bank) as Igot totally sick of Bangkok Bank paperwork, excuses slowness and !!!. They refused togive me Credit Card as my Salary was not paid in with my savings account withcorrect transaction code SAL only interbank transfer code IB!!!

Went to K-Bank last Friday walked out with account openand debit card had internet bank by time I woke up the next morning Saturday. Theyrang me Tuesday about Credit card application. Told me I know if application was approved in 5 days. So far seem much more customer focused friendly thanBangkok Bank and internet banking site is very functional and fast. Early days I know but! Chalk and Cheese to deal with.

You've sold me. I will apply tomorrow

Not quite sure what exactly the problem was, tho I think many of us have had similar experiences.

Also not quite sure why you think Siam Commercial Bank is "supposedly an international bank". It's a Thai bank, with very limited international presence. Some of the Thai banks are trying to move towards being viewed as a "regional bank". None of them are "international", though unless you start counting the "hybrids" like UOB and Stan Chart. These are really just international banks with a local legal entity presence here and most Thais see these 2 as foreign banks.

Still not working for me, all I get is the error page, this has been happening for nearly a week now, as others say a really poor service and to phone the help line is just hopeless, just as bad if not worse than the ones in UK, will have to open another bank account with K Bank I think or any one any better ideas?

If you can't login from your computer and yet I had zero problem logging in it could be an ISP DNS caching issue. People who use True seem to have this more.

Consider changing your DNS to that of Thaivisa (202.170.126.90 ) or Open ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDNS ) or Google ( http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/ )and then see if that changes things.

Finally after 2 days there is some kind of a "error" message

I couldn't understand the English too well - except there's some form of problem. A picture says a 1000 words though, and looks to me like SCB sees their customers as banana eating monkeys from the countryside - so the service looks appropriate. I assume they're also paying peanuts on their accounts. As we know you pay peanuts and... :)

Finally after 2 days there is some kind of a "error" message

I couldn't understand the English too well - except there's some form of problem. A picture says a 1000 words though, and looks to me like SCB sees their customers as banana eating monkeys from the countryside - so the service looks appropriate. I assume they're also paying peanuts on their accounts. As we know you pay peanuts and... :)

:lol:

Overall SCB is a good bank, but if you already have a deposit account and a savings account and want to open another savings account, and they still want to see a WP (which I don't have and I never had) then .^#$*(!!!(&%$%$^%^&*$ (Insert fav. swear word here) .

But back on topic, fortunately the problems "seem" to be re-solved, except maybe for the Forex page, which still sometimes gives a "Capacity error" message.

Edited by MJCM

My interrupted service has been intermittent all week, but checking back after an hour or so solved the problem for that effort.

For very busy working people I can see it is more than an annoyance, but so many things are in modern life, in whatever country you live in.

Ten years with SCB and interruptions are rare when looked at on a long term basis.

Bangkok Bank has given me such poor service and so many fees for interbank transfers that I actually take my pension deposit from BKKBANK and walk it over to SCB to avoid their transfer delay and fees.

Not working again this morning. A day or 2 is understandable, a week is just crap

You might want to check your internet connection as it is fine for me and I am accessing it from another country on a very slow connection.

Not working again this morning. A day or 2 is understandable, a week is just crap

You might want to check your internet connection as it is fine for me and I am accessing it from another country on a very slow connection.

Paid all of my bills yesterday afternoon, no problem. Wish it had been down, I'd have more money now!

Edited by wayned

Paid all of my bills yesterday afternoon, no problem. Wish it had been down, I'd have more money now!

I rang the head office (cos their mainstream line was busy, wonder why???) and they said the problem was due to the floods. Balls. Now I have even less respect for them, using such a lame excuse.

Hi kurnell

Next time this happens you might want to check it on this link to see if it really is SCB or some connection issue you are having.

http://www.downforev...neorjustme.com/

Doubtful that it would be a connection issue when 50+ other websites, including other Thai banks work

That website isn't for you to check if your internet is down but for you to check if a specific website is down. So, if you can't get into SCB, copy their URL, go to that website and paste it in and it will tell you if the site is actually down for everyone or if it is an issue on your end (ie ISP DNS caching issue etc). But up to you if you don't want to give it a try. Just trying to offer some help.