Ipad 2

samtam

I loaded many hours of music from DVDs onto my Ipad's Ipod. I have been away and when I returned the other day I discovered that my Ipod icon has disappeared, and I cannot locate my music. What has happened. Has it been relocated? I now have a music icon, but the library in there is empty. Help, please!

Edited by samtam

Is the music you put on you iPad in you iTunes library on your computer? What version of iOS are you running? What did you do? Things don't just change. My iPad has the same music I put on it months ago and has gone through several iOS updates. iTunes has to have the music on your computer to get it on to your iPad. Try re-syncing your iPad with your iTunes on your computer. Make sure your software is up to date. There have been both iOS and iTunes updates in the past few weeks. Check your apps store for iPad updates or iTunes apps on your computer. Are you running iTunes off of a Mac? If so go to system preferences and run the software update. In Windows, check iTunes and see if your's is the newest version.

Thanks for your reply. It seems a friend to whom I lent it for a trip "restored all settings", thus deleting the music. Arrrgh! At least some of the music was still on one computer, but not the other, which I had deleted to create space, so I'll have the joy of uploading all of that again. Ain't life fun?!

Thanks for your reply. It seems a friend to whom I lent it for a trip "restored all settings", thus deleting the music. Arrrgh! At least some of the music was still on one computer, but not the other, which I had deleted to create space, so I'll have the joy of uploading all of that again. Ain't life fun?!

Yes, limited drive space is a pain! iTunes is kind of a pain too, at times... I have a 500GB internal drive in my MacBook Pro and another 6 TB external and I'm needing more. If you think collecting audio is bad, don't start collecting video!