Samui To Chiang Mai

Hi.

Just spent a couple of hours combing through the various forums and checking out costs and availability. Unfortunately most of this is now several years out of date.

I want to go to Chiang Mai early in the New Year and can't afford to spend more than 4 days travelling in total - max 2 to get there and max 2 to get back.

I reckon that flying from Surat is the best option but AFAIK there's no direct flights to CM - is that correct? Are there any domestic flights from anywhere in the south to CM or is it unavoidable to stop and change at BKK?

In which case I'm thinking about the sleeper train from Surat that gets in to BKK at 6:00am-ish. Then a flight to CM.

So . . . the next questions!

What's the current airline of choice from BKK to CM?

Any idea of the one-way/return costs?

How long is the flight to CM?

How far away is the airport from the city centre/cheapish accommodation? And what kind of taxi fare?

That should do it! Thanks in advance,

Rob

Phuket - Chiang Mai on Airasia

Astonishing.

6,000 baht to get there and back. It would cost me more than 3,000 baht to go from Samui to CM on the BUS, and take 40 hours transit time compared to about 10 hours (ferry/bus/wait/flight and return).

Thanks.

R

Astonishing.

6,000 baht to get there and back. It would cost me more than 3,000 baht to go from Samui to CM on the BUS, and take 40 hours transit time compared to about 10 hours (ferry/bus/wait/flight and return).

Thanks.

R

Or 16.000 with Bangkok airways.

Astonishing.

Thanks.

R

Or 16.000 with Bangkok airways.

yeah . . . well . . . didn't even cross my mind to consider our Boutique alternative . . . :bah:

(plus give it till the high season when they discover their flight revenues are for some inexplicable reason lower this year, they'll prolly whack their rates up again to compensate . . .)

R