Dielectric Grease

yok yawng

I have been trying to locate some Dielectric Grease for my PC system.. does anyone know where this is or some good equivalent which can be sourced in BKK?

Luberex Dielectric Lubricant

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/lubdiellub.html

I would like to avoid having to ship it in due to the cost of shipping and then of course Customs should they feel like it ...

If you are wondering what it is for, it is to help prevent condensation in and around the CPU when it is under extreme temps - sub-zero.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have been through all these places and they are not sure what it is, generally because it is not something they come across here. Phase Change cooling is not readily available here.

What about an Automotive Spares shop .. Are they any good ones around in BKK and where?

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't sound like a good solution to the problem. Grease attracts dust & dust is one of the PC's worst enemies. I would recommend the use of an anti condensation heater, as is used with most other critical electric/electronic equipment. They should be able to be purchased at Schneider Electric (near Rayong), or a more simple solution would be to place a 50 watt light globe inside the PC & leave it turned on whilst the PC is not in use.

This doesn't sound like a good solution to the problem. Grease attracts dust & dust is one of the PC's worst enemies. I would recommend the use of an anti condensation heater, as is used with most other critical electric/electronic equipment. They should be able to be purchased at Schneider Electric (near Rayong), or a more simple solution would be to place a 50 watt light globe inside the PC & leave it turned on whilst the PC is not in use.

Agree that those solutions would help condensation for the general cases.. this however is what is considered Extreme Cooling .. that is the CPU is frozen to -27 to -30C at Idle and warms up to around -5 or 0C on full load depending on what speed it is running.

There are already surface mounted +12v (10w) heaters directly on the backside of the Motherboard and on the inside of the Clamshell that hold the Evaporator head onto the CPU. The dielectric grease is to stop the small amount of condensation that can form in and around the CPU from creating a short circuit, under these conditions.

As it turns out - I found some at HomePro, where previously they had none - Super Lube synthetic grease and works a treat. :o

Thanks for everyone's input.

cheers