Postage.

4.real

Hmmm, it must be a loooooong time since you sent anything :)

This page has all the postage rates you could ever want :)http://www.thailandpost.co.th/home.php

Thanks Crossy.

Still 17 baht for small letter.

The reason [for the benefit of the comedian]I asked was because I have no need to go to the post office.Had smiley bothered to read all of my post he would have seen where I purposely informed all that I had stamps at home.

For his benefit ,there are post boxes scattered around Pattaya

Hmmm, it must be a loooooong time since you sent anything :)

This page has all the postage rates you could ever want :)http://www.thailandpost.co.th/home.php

Thanks Crossy.

Still 17 baht for small letter.

The reason [for the benefit of the comedian]I asked was because I have no need to go to the post office.Had smiley bothered to read all of my post he would have seen where I purposely informed all that I had stamps at home.

For his benefit ,there are post boxes scattered around Pattaya

I was not aware that you had a letter scale at home, you only mentioned your stamp collection.

No need to weigh, they also do not weigh letters that look like letters anywhere in the world, so even 40g will go for 17 thb...

Lucky you, not so at the 2-3 post offices that I use, Thanyaburi Klong 6, Future Park Rangsit, and Wang Muang, Saraburi. They drop international letters on the scale just to check, so up to 10 gm is baht 19, 11 gm is 28. And I do have a digital postal scale here at home, and Thai stamps, so does save standing in line.

Mac

Of course do not bring your letters to post office, just put them in a red box if they are overweight.

Indeed, and I've dropped off my baht 19 letters, and at least twice have had them returned a week or two later for extra postage. This was not by the nice folks at Klong 6 but by Chang Wattana, I believe.

You be lucky.

Mac