My File Has Gone Missing

elsie

I was off work only one day and came back here only to find the most important file (.XLS) has gone missing. Everyone in the office claimed they didn't touch my computer during my absence at all.

The file is just gone. It's not in Recycle Bin. I searched the entire computer and it's nowhere to be found. Is there any way I can get it back? :o

If you don't have unerase routines eg. Norton Unerase then try a 'System Restore' to the day prior to your day off. Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.

Good luck and BACK UP your important files in future.

I was off work only one day and came back here only to find the most important file (.XLS) has gone missing. Everyone in the office claimed they didn't touch my computer during my absence at all.

The file is just gone. It's not in Recycle Bin. I searched the entire computer and it's nowhere to be found. Is there any way I can get it back?  :o

i'm ruined if those pictures get into the wrong hands

If you don't have unerase routines eg. Norton Unerase then try a 'System Restore' to the day prior to your day off. Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.

Will system restore help in this case bdenner? If the file has been erased it will not be restored will it?

I always thought system restore was to undo harmful changes to your computer................but i/m not sure maybe you can put me right.

LC............presumably you right clicked on start and then clicked on search to look for the file by typing its name in did you?

Will system restore help in this case bdenner? If the file has been erased it will not be restored will it?

I always thought system restore was to undo harmful changes to your computer................but i/m not sure maybe you can put me right.

LC............presumably you right clicked on start and then clicked on search to look for the file by typing its name in did you?

Not being a guru all I remember from the one and only time I used it was all my data files were put back to the restore date so I figured that they are stored in the 'System Volume Information' directory somewhere along with the link information. This looks like it worked for the OP as she? seems to be happy.

odd, I replied to this topic yesterday, but the post has gone missing.

Maybe it has something to do with your karma LC :o

I bet the file is not deleted, but in a different folder than where you are looking for it. have you tried a search of all the drives?

(I have done this myself before - blamed everyone, and then found it 3 months later)

Thanks guys for all your posts. :o

i'm ruined if those pictures get into the wrong hands

Your pictures are still there to scare the colleagues off.

I  always  thought  system  restore  was  to  undo  harmful  changes  to  your  computer................but  i/m  not  sure  maybe  you  can  put  me  right.

LC............presumably  you  right  clicked  on  start  and  then  clicked  on  search  to  look  for  the  file  by  typing  its  name  in  did  you?

Almost did the System Restore. And two gurus told me it wouldn't help. It wouldn't do wonders to document files. I looked in Help and Support, and it says the same. And yes, I did try. No luck yet though. Still trying.

Is this it? :D

I wish. :D

try this softwares R-excel recovery? have you try with this? :D:)

R-Excel Recovery

Thank you. I'll try that one. :D

Maybe it has something to do with your karma LC :D

I bet the file is not deleted, but in a different folder than where you are looking for it. have you tried a search of all the drives?

Must be my karma. :D I've searched with various ways/keywords. No luck yet. But still searching. :D