Flag Waving Property Projects On Sukhumvit

Walking down Sukhumvit today I saw at least 6 Thai young men standing on street corners and waiving flags (with varying degrees of enthusiasm) that bore the names of at least 3 different property projects. Perhaps this is common practice elsewhere, but I hadn't seen it before. If it's a sales technique, it seems a little desperate. Are property sales going badly, or is this really an effective way to bring in new buyers?

Edited by Misty

Some will give you an iPad if you buy a condo.

How stupid they think are their customers?

Some are believe me. They do the falg waving up here to in chiang mai - i guess it's to attract motorists.

:lol: a local marketing tradition developed since the evolution of roadside shops/stalls...

I wouldn't buy an iPad if they gave me a condo...

Last year one of those flag wavers tried to knock me off my bicycle on Sukhumvit mad.gif

A lot of condo sales offices have those air-driven flappy tube things - anything in motion catches the eye - as well as having promotion days with loud music and flyers.

The most annoying, and not just condo promotions, are the ear-splitting loud-speaker pick-ups mounted with ad-hoardings that trawl up and down Udom Suk bah.gif.

Edited by phaethon

Last year one of those flag wavers tried to knock me off my bicycle on Sukhumvit mad.gif

A lot of condo sales offices have those air-driven flappy tube things - anything in motion catches the eye - as well as having promotion days with loud music and flyers.

The most annoying, and not just condo promotions, are the ear-splitting loud-speaker pick-ups mounted with ad-hoardings that trawl up and down Udom Suk bah.gif.

Well, it seems to me that more flag waving and louder speakers of ad-mounted pickup trucks signify these projects are almost sold out ...:lol:

All of the above is standard marketing in the west as well. the most annoying marketing has proven to be effective, i could go on in detail here having had my own marketing company for 10 years but suffice to say the techniques do work.

The most annoying tv commercials were also most effective because they made you cringe but at the same time locked in the message.