Hairclipper Set

maipompui

Anyone know of an outlet that sells a good quality hairclipper set.....have asked at most malls etc but no joy.

Finally found some in Big C but at 200 baht i know the quality is not there..i had a good set peviously that got 'lost in transit' and if i recall they cost me about 1000baht in BKK about 3 years back and did the job well.....So i figure this is about a ballpark cost for reasonable set still... .Any leads appreciated...:jap:

Edited by maipompui

Central department stores have some good ones.

I bought a Remington with ceramic blades two years ago and it still cuts as when it was brand new. It comes with a handy bag for protection.

One previously mentioned is outside the moat just as you come up to Chiang Mai Gate and the split for Wualai Rd. They seem to have the best variety of salon tools and products. Another is a couple of doors away from Riders Corner restaurant on Mun Muang Rd. I believe they have someone there too that can service clippers.

Joy Beauty Dream (053418454) - no kickback, simply have her card - outside (northern) moat about 200m beyond Chang Phuak Gate, pink salon. She's got the Wahl Pro, about 1500 baht, imported from States (well, at least the box is :D ) as well cheaper stuff. Forget the malls and the cheap tat. Have had all types, including a Remington, which was the worst of the lot. The Wahl cuts properly, powerful motor, and although a fair bit steeper, it feels as though it'll last more than 10 cuts! ;)

Wahl is definitely the brand to go for if you want something that cuts well and lasts for years. I saw a stall selling them yesterday downstairs in BigC Hangdong Road branch. They are on a stall that sells guitars, children's scooters, knives, torches, etc. at the foot of one of the up-escaltors. I can't think of the shops that are next to it, but it is the up-escalator closest to the Siam Commercial bank. You would pass the stall if you walked from there towards the food hall.

They were over 1,000 Baht, but would be worth every penny imho.

Wow..thanks for all the info from all....will start looking around tioday....it appears that Wahl is the go...good to have a name brand to enquire about...:jap:

May be preaching to the converted but make sure that WAHL USA is marked on the body and clipper head - I have seen WAHL (No USA marking) clippers that have been made in China, they are generally cheaper though ;).