Live-In Thai Girlfriend

cigar7

I always liked the saying

"A good wife is a cook in the kitchen,a lady in public and a whore in bed."

The first to can be taught easily but the last needs the woman to have the inclination. If western women could compete most of us wouldnot be here.

If a man has to come all this way to get satisfaction in a relationship. Says a lot about western women I feel. And for the man to have to adopt some of the asian family practices, just shows are happy they are with what they have.

So when a man gives his GF as he may call her but to the thais she is his wife, a monthly allowance, he is just doing what all good asian men do. If he didnot pay he would be going against asian practice in the home and just be a problem.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always liked the saying

"A good wife is a cook in the kitchen,a lady in public and a whore in bed."

The first to can be taught easily but the last needs the woman to have the inclination. If western women could compete most of us wouldnot be here.

If a man has to come all this way to get satisfaction in a relationship. Says a lot about western women I feel. And for the man to have to adopt some of the asian family practices, just shows are happy they are with what they have.

So when a man gives his GF as he may call her but to the thais she is his wife, a monthly allowance, he is just doing what all good asian men do. If he didnot pay he would be going against asian practice in the home and just be a problem.

Or then again perhaps the Western men here find it difficult to find Western women that are attracted to them?

Edit - A real problem as most Western women don't demand money from their boyfriend, but that's obviously a fault on their part.

Edited by F1fanatic

I wonder if a lot of Thai ladies are nervous about unreserved commitment to someone who was able to walk away from their homeland and existing family?

They may be worried about committing their lives to someone who is likely to die many years before they do, or who may decide at any time to return to his home country, just as he left it, and they seek some sort of savings or pension, if you like, to tide them over when they are older and he is no longer there to provide for them.

Alternatively, they could go out to work, but I imagine that many Western men would rather replace that meagre income from their own, so that their girlfriend had some spare time to attend to housework and to spend time with their partner.

SC

Or then again perhaps the Western men here find it difficult to find Western women that are attracted to them?

Or then again, perhaps it's western men that find it difficult to find western women THEY are attracted to.

I rest my case. :whistling:

image002.jpg

I just threw up a lot, outside of my mouth.

you rest your case, really, you want to play this game. I think anyone can find a photo of a multitude of unattractive western men.

Fail :rolleyes:

Of course there are unattractive Western men. But clearly not any of us here in Thailand. We're all handsome men here, or so many of the Thai ladies keep telling all of us. You wouldn't be implying they're all liars now, would you?

Seems to me the only explanation is that the ugly men must all stay in the West. Since the fine specimens here are all so pulchritudinous (I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence) it goes without saying that they must have been beating supermodels off with a stick back home.

Nope. Evidence clearly indicates it is the Western women who must be the problem. Nothing else fits the available data.

The OP may find some useful information at Typical Wage for Young Thai Adult. ฿20k a month seems to have been the asking price for a 'good wife' for about a decade - which seems odd given inflation. That would include the rental of accommodation. Your friends are getting away with a lot less.

I'm afraid that's very misleading Richard, if you take the average salary of 70 million people you will inevitably derive a number that is pretty meaningless - perhaps only slightly more accurate would be to take an avearge salary of unskilled and uneducated Issan females aged 18 to 30 years in Pattaya/Chonburi and use that as a guide, my instinct tells me that THB 10/12k is probably about right.

slightly more accurate would be to take an avearge salary of unskilled and uneducated Issan females aged 18 to 30 years in Pattaya/Chonburi and use that as a guide, my instinct tells me that THB 10/12k is probably about right.

That salary does not include overtime, even if short.

slightly more accurate would be to take an avearge salary of unskilled and uneducated Issan females aged 18 to 30 years in Pattaya/Chonburi and use that as a guide, my instinct tells me that THB 10/12k is probably about right.

That salary does not include overtime, even if short.

Yes, we're talking I think about one full time normal job and a salary that is exclusive of any other money making ventures.

I am aware of somene who pays 10k per month in Pattaya. I am also aware of someone paying 30k per month, but she is much younger and is an ex go go dancer.

Compare it to the Western world if you will. Most husbands are normally required to hand over their entire pay packet to their wife, with a small amount of beer and petrol money being returned for their own use.

So take this 10k baht per month (300 USD) that you have to pay to a younger TGF, and perhaps multiply by anywhere between 10 and 30 times (or even more in some cases) for what you would have to pay a Western wife. Puts it into perspective, doesnt it?

Edited by expatdreamer

you can't pay a woman enough to be faithful, so why bother, they only see you as an ATM

S'porean on the run after killing wife's lover in Bangkok

The Singaporean allegedly fled the crime scene in a BMW 325i that he had bought for his wife. He had previously also bought her luxury gifts and is believed to have given her an allowance of 70,000 baht ($2,900) every month, The New Paper reported.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Crime/Story/A1Story20111127-313006.html

you can't pay a woman enough to be faithful, so why bother, they only see you as an ATM

The Singaporean allegedly fled the crime scene in a BMW 325i that he had bought for his wife. He had previously also bought her luxury gifts and is believed to have given her an allowance of 70,000 baht ($2,900) every month, The New Paper reported.

http://www.asiaone.c...127-313006.html

Unfortunately stories about faithful partners rarely make the newspapers!

i give between 6-8k per month, simple answer to the question

if in the UK the wife dont work husband also gives her spending money and housekeeping money as its known. no differnt to here, it was normal at home to help western wife and pay her when not working so why not here. they are not employees, desperate or other wise, they are wife partner who deserves a cut of the house hold income for working taking care husaband and the home.

IMHO

If the guy(s) don't mind her not working and have enough money to support her who are we to judge?

ThaiVisa members are Judge , Jury and executioners so often, they seem to live totally different lives to the vast majority of expats I know and have known for over 20 years.

I have never met many Farangs that have no knowledge of the bar scene, have never paid for sex, are all married to professional independently wealthy Thai women 20 - 30 years their junior, yet on this forum it seems to be the norm !

What singles out ThaiVisa members for preferential treatment when it comes to eductated Thai women from powerful influential families, why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??

Or do people on anonymous forums tell lies ? :)

well her is one my thai wife earns 200,000 baht a month has14 properties 6 pieces of land Her family give me as much free beer as I want and lend me their truck anytime I want it I met her when she was a marketing executive for a large Thai company. she even takes care of my aged parents in law from a previous marriage and insists I only eat at best restaurants and hotels. Oh i forgot to mention I used to be a multi millionaire and she has now kindly taken all my previous concerns regarding money management onto her shoulders. She still works as a marketing executive and is so dedicated to her job often does not come back from work until early hours. I also forgot to mention her main job as a marketing executive was in PR to help her company obtain more orders from mainly japanese executives for other companies. HEr boss is a born again christian and shes assured me he has totally given up his previous life as Thailand's biggest supplier of personal massage services.

Far be it from me to post on topic, but since everyone else seems to have digressed on to the topic of stipends and the comparison between an allowance and whoring...

When my parents gave me pocket money, I didn't feel like a whore - I mean, I didn't feel like I was a whore!

Anyway, the OP went something like this

"I have some friends who have a live-in Thai girlfriend. My understanding is that is customary to provide an allowance, pocket money or a stipend to one's live-in Thai girlfriend.

I'd love to have a live-in Thai GF. What are other guys doing for their live-in Thai girlfriends?"

My wife and I used to pay our salaries into a joint account, and we spent everything out of that. We were lucky that our parents were working / had their own pensions, so we did not have to send money back home. A friend of mine sent a lot of money back to the in-laws, and then her husband ran off with another woman, and she was quite aggrieved by that... Now I transfer money into a joint account as required to fund my family's lifestyle, but being married, we take quite a long-term view on things.

Were we just shacked up 'for the time being' and she were not working in order to maintain the matrimonial home, I would imagine she would want some contribution to her savings for her old age... perhaps a few children, or a few thousand baht each month. If you're not willing to support either of these, then perhaps you are not really serious about the relationship, and you're just 'discount-whoring'.

SC

Far be it from me to post on topic, but since everyone else seems to have digressed on to the topic of stipends and the comparison between an allowance and whoring...

When my parents gave me pocket money, I didn't feel like a whore - I mean, I didn't feel like I was a whore!

"I have some friends who have a live-in Thai girlfriend. My understanding is that is customary to provide an allowance, pocket money or a stipend to one's live-in Thai girlfriend.

I'd love to have a live-in Thai GF. What are other guys doing for their live-in Thai girlfriends?"

My wife and I used to pay our salaries into a joint account, and we spent everything out of that. We were lucky that our parents were working / had their own pensions, so we did not have to send money back home. A friend of mine sent a lot of money back to the in-laws, and then her husband ran off with another woman, and she was quite aggrieved by that... Now I transfer money into a joint account as required to fund my family's lifestyle, but being married, we take quite a long-term view on things.

Were we just shacked up 'for the time being' and she were not working in order to maintain the matrimonial home, I would imagine she would want some contribution to her savings for her old age... perhaps a few children, or a few thousand baht each month. If you're not willing to support either of these, then perhaps you are not really serious about the relationship, and you're just 'discount-whoring'.

SC

Listen Streetcowboy, many people on this thread are venting their spleen about all avenues of live in relationships, whore-dom, anti female, anti male? anti everything actually, bile and maliciousness then you come along with your witty and profound interjections and waste it for everybody.

Do you mind?? dry.gif

So take this 10k baht per month (300 USD) that you have to pay to a younger TGF, and perhaps multiply by anywhere between 10 and 30 times (or even more in some cases) for what you would have to pay a Western wife. Puts it into perspective, doesnt it?

Not quite as your going rates for a western live-in are way too high.

Who in their right mind would give their spouse / significant other $3,000 - $9,000 USD a month for the pleasure of their company? Not me Ronnie. Especially with the going rate in the west being what it is.

I have a western live-in that looks after my home, my pets and me when I am not traveling. She has her own profession and earns a decent crust, so no need to lean on me. I do admit to helping her financially if she gets into a jam or needs a few extra $$$. She is less than half my age and has the sexual appetite of a drunken sailor on shore leave. So you see, you don't have to live in Thailand or have a rice farmer for a partner to have your cake and eat it too.

SC

Listen Streetcowboy, many people on this thread are venting their spleen about all avenues of live in relationships, whore-dom, anti female, anti male? anti everything actually, bile and maliciousness then you come along with your witty and profound interjections and waste it for everybody.

Do you mind?? dry.gif

I felt so guilty about that I went to the pub, and didn't feel well enough to vent my spleen when I got back. I suppose, unlike so many on this forum, I am too blind to see how miserable and pathetic my life is, so I don't feel the need to complain incessantly, except regarding malapropisms and apostrophic errors

SC

You're right tots, it is both taking advantage of each other. And I personally have no objection to that provided all parties involved are happy.

But why (do people like the OP) pretend it is anything other than that?

Because discussing prostitution is a violation of forum rules?

Because here the theory of "fair mutual benefit" is so often out of synch with the reality for our poor babes-in-the-woods, starry-eyed farangs. It reminds of that classic line in Jurassic Park after somebody sees the gentle dinos for the first time: "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."

Then later, there's quite often lying, cheating, knives, robbery (you gotta sleep), balcony jumping--and, quite commonly, rampant extortion aided and abetted by police corruption. At the least, there's often a constant subtle manipulation until the farang is being led around by the nose and bled without even realizing it.

Here you are, situation du jour:

See, it's playing against the House while thinking it's clean game. A few win, most don't, and IMO not worth the risk. Been there, done that, seen it--see it all around where I live--and won't get into that situation again.

Even in the USA, there's palimony.

Edited by JSixpack

gentle reminder that slurs and generalised overly negative remarks are not tolerated on this forum.

so keep that in mind. the next time the reminder will not be so gentle.

You're right tots, it is both taking advantage of each other. And I personally have no objection to that provided all parties involved are happy.

But why (do people like the OP) pretend it is anything other than that?

Because discussing prostitution is a violation of forum rules?

Because here the theory of "fair mutual benefit" is so often out of synch with the reality for our poor babes-in-the-woods, starry-eyed farangs. It reminds of that classic line in Jurassic Park after somebody sees the gentle dinos for the first time: "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."

Then later, there's quite often lying, cheating, knives, robbery (you gotta sleep), balcony jumping--and, quite commonly, rampant extortion aided and abetted by police corruption. At the least, there's often a constant subtle manipulation until the farang is being led around by the nose and bled without even realizing it.

Here you are, situation du jour: http://www.thaivisa....-gf-what-to-do/

See, it's playing against the House while thinking it's clean game. A few win, most don't, and IMO not worth the risk. Been there, done that, seen it--see it all around where I live--and won't get into that situation again.

Even in the USA, there's palimony.

There will be a large number of people reading/posting in this thread who think that the only type of Thai female that exists in Thailand is the Issan girls typically found on Beach Road in Pattaya, the same variety also often found in Lower Sukhumvit and Patong - doubtless their idea of a good girl is one that doesn't work on Beach Road but instead sells her wares from the position of a shop assistant or similar. Ditto I suppose this group will also believe all the relationship horror stories of farangs and Thai females including Sin Sod, body part removal and instant wealth destruction.

Much of that perception will come I suppose from having limited exposure to anywhere other than the tourist fleshpot parts of the country already mentioned, so how can those people possibly comment sensibly or knowledgeably on an aspect of Thai culture they know nothing about and indeed have probably never even seen!

I'm reminded of the BA baggage handler I met in Don Muang years ago who glibly told me he had lived in Thailand many years and understood Thai people very well – thirty minutes later the story emerged that he still worked at Heathrow but spent all his free time in Pattaya drinking and whoring and had never seen much else in Thailand other than the airport, Pattaya and the road between the two! Another chance meeting was a fellow who prided himself on being able to assess any cultural situation very quickly, he was no fool he told me, in fact he was quite sharp, he said.

The trouble with such folks, in my opinion, is that whilst they have every right to an opinion on any subject, they invariably want to voice that opinion as fact and invariably it's incorrect, it's the farang equivalent of saving face by always having an answer, on every subject. Readers who are equally as uninformed take what they see at face value and so the stories perpetuate. Ex-pat life in Thailand for many would be so much easier to navigate if such folks would do us all a favour and remain mute.

http://www.asiaone.c...127-313006.html

Unfortunately stories about faithful partners rarely make the newspapers!

if one believes they are in a faithful relationship

odds are you're the only one being faithful

all it takes for a woman to cheat is to not say no