Why Is There No Coke Zero In Cm?

msg362

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coke Zero and Coke Light are still available in many smaller independent stores BUT no Pepsi Max to be found anywhere in CM

Just try elsewhere instead of the Big C, 7/11, Tops, Rimping type places

will do thanks

Why on earth would you wanna drink coke zero?

Not only does it taste bad but its full of aspartame. Stick to normal coke its probably better for you.

'normal' coke ( as do most carbonated soft drinks) contain around 11% sucrose. Thats about 6-7 tea spoonfuls per 330ml can. Sucrose, apart from being essentially just calories, also encourages the growth of Streptococcus mutans, the bacterium responsible for tooth decay. Aspartame, on the other hand is a normal metabolite in biochemical pathways.

But this is off topic. I see, apart from a few sensible suggestions, I've got those who think they are funny out of the bar. But thanks to you who answered sensibly.

BORED NOW

Not only does it taste bad but its full of aspartame. Stick to normal coke its probably better for you.

It isn't.

The enormously high sugar content (high fructose corn syrup) of soft drinks is one of the major contributors to the spread of obesity and type 2 diabetes in the US and the rest of the developed world, and is beginning to cause the same problems in Asia too.

http://thediabetesclub.com/corn-fructose-syrup-can-trigger-diabetes-ii-and-heart-disease/

I sympathize with the OP. I, too, have been on a few missions to try to locate Coke Zero in the Asoke area to no avail in recent days. There's a little store on Soi COwboy that had a few cans the other day and, needless to say, I snapped them up.

I drink the stuff because I'm trying a lower-carb diet and can't have sugar.

Maybe the OP has similar reasons so I don't understand the snide repsonses to an ostensibly innocuous question.

It isn't.

The enormously high sugar content (high fructose corn syrup) of soft drinks is one of the major contributors to the spread of obesity and type 2 diabetes in the US and the rest of the developed world, and is beginning to cause the same problems in Asia too.

http://thediabetescl...-heart-disease/

Not sure what happens in the US, in Europe it's sucrose same obesity effect tho'! ( Not sure but i think Fructose is less likely to cause tooth decay)

It isn't.

Not sure what happens in the US, in Europe it's sucrose same obesity effect tho'! ( Not sure but i think Fructose is less likely to cause tooth decay)

You're right, in Europe it's sucrose.

I wasn't aware of that ( though should have been, as I 'm from there.)

During the flooding Coke switched soft drink production over to bottled water. Might have something to do with the shortages as I also haven't seen regular Coke for weeks although the Jusco store near me has Coke Zero but nothing else. In the BigC stores I've been in they don't have Coke or Pepsi of any kind. In 7/11 I haven't seen Coke for over a month. Big Cola must be doing okay as it's the only cola available in many places.

It isn't.

OKK MR BORING how about the acid content of ALL these drinks that will etch thru yer teeth in no time fructose sucrose aspartame stuff them LOOK at the acid.

During the flooding Coke switched soft drink production over to bottled water. Might have something to do with the shortages as I also haven't seen regular Coke for weeks although the Jusco store near me has Coke Zero but nothing else. In the BigC stores I've been in they don't have Coke or Pepsi of any kind. In 7/11 I haven't seen Coke for over a month. Big Cola must be doing okay as it's the only cola available in many places.

And we have an answer, albeit that it's flood related but it does appear to be the answer!

And we have an answer, albeit that it's flood related but it does appear to be the answer!

Oh Look we're right back at the answer provided by the poster, right i'm off to be facile elsewhere. What a waste of time.............

I know the local 7-11 store here in Hua Hin has plenty of Diet Coke and Pepsi Max as an alternate to the fully-sugared versions, because I've been buying them for several weeks again now.

I'm *pretty* sure there is Coke Zero, as well.

It isn't.

OKK MR BORING how about the acid content of ALL these drinks that will etch thru yer teeth in no time fructose sucrose aspartame stuff them LOOK at the acid.

not true but never mind, keep believing it if you want

So Zero is being produced somewhere. The fact that some places have zero while other have 'sugar' suggest it's a distribution c0ck up. The water production during the flood also makes a lot of sense as to why there are shortages. Thanks, that helps.

Oh Look we're right back at the answer provided by the poster, right i'm off to be facile elsewhere. What a waste of time.............

No one doubted that the floods started a chain of events. What you and CM could not seems to grasp was why there were differences in the availability of different products. TM if it's such a waste of time why are you wasting yours and mine reading this and writing your facile comments? Please I don't need a reply thank you, the question was rhetorical.

No one doubted that the floods started a chain of events. What you and CM could not seems to grasp was why there were differences in the availability of different products. TM if it's such a waste of time why are you wasting yours and mine reading this and writing your facile comments? Please I don't need a reply thank you, the question was rhetorical.

As of Saturday the big new Pepsi factory is still sat in water in the North of BKK, so look like no more Pepsi for this year :(

you are obviously hooked on this crap and need to get off it... now is a good time!

No I'm not

denial is part of addiction

You see his aggressive responds when you confront him with his addiction, also typical.

Must be very addictive this Coke Zero. What I luck I never tried it, else I would now also wander from North to South for just a can Coke Zero.

And why not sticking to milk, water, fruit juice and the occasional glass of wine ?

Healthy, cheap (no need to buy the expensive brands) and available everywhere.

For me coke is a remedy for digestive problems. It taste like medecine anyway ...

Edited by JurgenG

[

Because I find you obnoxious ( honest answer) Im sure its mutual though.

No i don't find you obnoxious, just sad

but I'll not reply again so you are welcome to the last word if it keeps you happy

I ask a simple question about the lack of coke Zero in CM. Thank you folks for the sensible replies, the best guess is that there are distribution problems as in the south they have Zero but no normal. in the north, normal but no zero. End of story you would think, but no

' I'm addicted to the stuff', aggressive etc etc- Replies from people who find it amusing to use childish comments in the hope that others will find it funny without any knowledge of the OP. Do these people have nothing better to do with their day than be so inane? I have no intention of saying how much or little of the stuff I drink, but it really is not possible to get addicted to it.

It really makes me wonder about posting sensible questions on TV if it brings out such people.

Feel free to keep adding more facile comments if it keeps you happy.

have no intention of saying how much or little of the stuff I drink, but it really is not possible to get addicted to it.

Glad to know you're not suffering from "a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry." :lol:

so, the clear message for overweight tourist with diabetes,

you have to take a lot of medicine every day, and you need another drink like water,

to bring the pills inside,

you won`t get accurate information, where you will get sugar-free drinks in Thailand.

And why not sticking to milk, water, fruit juice and the occasional glass of wine ?

Healthy, cheap (no need to buy the expensive brands) and available everywhere.

For me coke is a remedy for digestive problems. It taste like medecine anyway ...

And why not sticking to milk, water, fruit juice, where do you find that?

Just back from Tesco Lotus, NO soft drinks of any sort, NO Dairy products of any kind. [as normal No meat, bread, fruit etc of any kind + even shelves with stock well spread out the superstore still looks empty.

Main reason Pepsi Max cost 22 baht, Milk cost 79 - 86 baht, fruit juice 79 to 115 baht, and by the time you have added ice to the glass, Coke/Pepsi is little more than flavored water, Plain water 17 baht so Pepsi very little more

F.e. because I am diabethic, can't (or shouldn't) drink "real" coke and don't want to drink water all the time!

Pretty obvious, huh?!

F.e. because I am diabethic, can't (or shouldn't) drink "real" coke and don't want to drink water all the time!

Pretty obvious, huh?!

Same here

Pretty obvious, huh?!

Same here

...and as you and I than know: Thailand is the hub of many things...but not of sugar- free drinks!

wink.gif