Why Is There No Coke Zero In Cm?

msg362

I know there were floods, but that doesn't explain the lack of Coke Zero or Coke Light from the shelves. Everywhere ( Tesco, Rimping, Big C, 7-11) there is no Coke Light or Coke Zero, just rows and rows of the sugary stuff. It's being going on for weeks now.

If they can make and transport 'normal' Coke, they can make and transport others. What's going on, does anyone know?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed, curious to understand why the OP thinks that the flooding does not account for the non-availability of his/her favorite pop.

Try thinking!! If the factory is working it can make and distribute sugary pop. It's simple to change to making Zero ( I know I used to work for them) So somewhere someone is making a decision not to make Zero and Light. That is the question I'm asking WHY?

You answered your own question............ I know there wer floods...........

No I didn't!!! They can make and distribute normal Coke, changing to make Zero or Light is simply a matter of changing over the concentrate containers, so someone has made a decision not to make/ distribute it.

Indeed, curious to understand why the OP thinks that the flooding does not account for the non-availability of his/her favorite pop.

Try thinking!! If the factory is working it can make and distribute sugary pop. It's simple to change to making Zero ( I know I used to work for them) So somewhere someone is making a decision not to make Zero and Light. That is the question I'm asking WHY?

So let's see, the OP thinks that the factory should curtail the manufacture of its mass appeal products in favor of producing a wannabe niche product that can't quite make it, just because the OP like it,

hmm, and you want me to start thinking!!!

http://www.marketing...s-share-slumps/

Anyway, what makes you think this is a manufacturing problem and not a transportation/logistics one that has resulted from the floods, I mean. it's not as though Coke Lite is the only product that's in short supply at the supermarkets in CM.

Edited by chiang mai

So let's see, the OP thinks that the factory should curtail the manufacture of its mass appeal products in favor of producing a wannabe niche product that can't quite make it, just because the OP like it,

Anyway, what makes you think this is a manufacturing problem and not a transportation/logistics one that has resulted from the floods, I mean. it's not as though Coke Lite is the only product that's in short supply at the supermarkets in CM.

Yeah but u forgot he used to work for them so he knows it all anyway..................dunno why he bothered asking really?

Yeah but u forgot he used to work for them so he knows it all anyway..................dunno why he bothered asking really?

Yet another facile useless answer

It's simple, the Thais prefer the sugary stuff, very few drink Coke Zero or Diet Coke, so once they have gotten the masses taken care of, those few of us who drink the diet stuff will get ours....

The point is They are taken care of, the shelves are full of the stuff so it's not that simple

It's simple, the Thais prefer the sugary stuff, very few drink Coke Zero or Diet Coke, so once they have gotten the masses taken care of, those few of us who drink the diet stuff will get ours....

The point is They are taken care of, the shelves are full of the stuff so it's not that simple

Ok you're right, it a massive conspiracy against you.....

what are you on about? I asked a perfectly reasonable question and you come up with this stuff?

I only drink Pepsi Max, if i must then Coke Zero, not seen any for at least 1 month, there again Not seen any of the sugar stuff either. No Pepsi or Coke of any sort.

Last week in 2 different Big C Super stores, there was NO soft drinks of any sort, only water, and a few bottles of some expensive beer, did not look as don't drink.

You have normal Pepsi or Coke up there ? what is the price ?

2 weeks ago way down south they had normal Pepsi but was 37 baht !!! I have 5 boxes delivered every month @ 260 baht per box, just have 1 bottle left :(

Yes, I'm at a loss too to account for all the snide, sneering or just irrationally hostile responses to this very harmless and justified question.

Where I live in BKK there is no sugar free Coke or Pepsi anywhere, in any store, but the shelves are crammed with the noxious obesity and diabetes causing high fructose corn syrup versions.

As OP points out they are made in the same places and delivered on the same trucks so it's hard to understand why they have decided to deliver only one type.

I have no idea, but think the suggestion that because sales are low and it is not popular with Thais they decided to prioritise delivery of the sugary stuff while supply lines are still compromised is probably correct.

edit:incoherence

Edited by partington

It could be that Coke has many factories/bottling facilities in Thailabd, but given that Coke zero is a niche product they may only be running production of this product at 1 facility.

From a production prospective, it would make more sense to have one product line set up for Coke Zero, rather than switches back and forth like the OP suggests.

Maybe this factory has been affected bt floods?

I only drink Pepsi Max, if i must then Coke Zero, not seen any for at least 1 month, there again Not seen any of the sugar stuff either. No Pepsi or Coke of any sort.

Last week in 2 different Big C Super stores, there was NO soft drinks of any sort, only water, and a few bottles of some expensive beer, did not look as don't drink.

You have normal Pepsi or Coke up there ? what is the price ?

2 weeks ago way down south they had normal Pepsi but was 37 baht !!! I have 5 boxes delivered every month @ 260 baht per box, just have 1 bottle left :(

Haven't really looked at the price, but some of it is discounted. I think it's just normal price and the shelves are full of the stuf, displacing the shelf space where you might expect to find Coke zero

Ok you're right, it a massive conspiracy against you.....

what are you on about? I asked a perfectly reasonable question and you come up with this stuff?

You're the one with the issue. you have been given many rational explanations and choose to ignore them, instead thinking something sinister is afoot. Get a life and drink something else or widen your search....

No I don't think something sinister is afoot, no rational explanations , just 'it's the flood' and 'Thais don't like it'. They are guesses, which, believe it or not, I had already worked out. I have a perfectly wonderful and busy life thank you. Do you like insulting people? don't bother to answer that ,the answer is obvious. What I can't understand is why a simple question which will have a real answer ( not just guesses) causes so much hostility and insult.

I tried to lay out the possible reasons earlier, none of which involve conspiracy.

This is really getting boring Wish I'd never asked.

It could be that Coke has many factories/bottling facilities in Thailabd, but given that Coke zero is a niche product they may only be running production of this product at 1 facility.

From a production prospective, it would make more sense to have one product line set up for Coke Zero, rather than switches back and forth like the OP suggests.

Maybe this factory has been affected bt floods?

Switching from product to product ( at least in europe some years ago) is simple, flush through the lines with cleaning agent and connect up the very large containers full of the concentrate. Takes about 1 hour or so. For other products, like Schweppes tonic, it is more time consuming, they are made from solid ingredients, rather like cooking in the kitchen on a larger scale, so a bit more complicated.

but yes, I don't know how many factories, their location etc, that was what i was hoping to find out ( The UK had 5 factories)

OP is right, no coke zero anywhere in Thailand, when it should be the only one legal and available in this world...

Still wondering why educated people still drink the original one...

Because it tastes better.

No Coke Normal in Villa/BKK, but there is Coke Zero.

Yet another facile useless answer

Always glad to help :jap: