Broadband In Chiang Mai Area?

cathyy

Well, back for only three weeks or so from our visit to Thailand, and already we have an email from a housing development about a house for sale. Before we get interested, I need to know if anyone can tell me whether any kind of broadband Internet access is a possibility in what I suspect is Hangdong. Hard to tell the location, as the Chiang Mai maps seem to cover a smaller geographic area than the city and suburbs do. But the address of the place is Hangdong, Chiang Mai which I take to be city, province.

TT&T has the best broadband (ADSL) rates in the Chiang Mai area. On their website, they have a little online test that will tell you whether your area is eligible. So just enter any Hang Dong phone number in the blanks and you'll have the answer in less than a minute. I don't know the URL offhand. I belive the initials stand for Thai Telephone & Telecom.

PM IT-Manager. He is based in Chiang Mai and regularly installs broadband systems here. He will give you all the details.

(I live near Hang Dong and believe my best bet for high speed is an IPstar Satellite connection.)