Food Vendor Tricks And Scams...

mitsubishi

The glass bottles that they use are returnables(they pay a deposit fee for them). If its plastic bottles, then you should walk out with it without thinking twice.

And why is this a Farang scam? Do you see the Thai's being able to take the bottles home???

exactly.

when i start sweating this kind of stuff i will book a flight. good lord people on this site can be petty. There is rarely a topic these days that doesn't make me shake my head.

If you get so annoyed about a little off water you better of going back to your home country where everything is so wonderfull

Seems like you are out today sir to 'have a go' at your fellow members!

Myself included in another place.

Edited by fishhooks

One person's idea of a "scam" is often just a lack of understanding of a different culture and a different way of doing things.

I am ashamed to say that many years ago I often got irritated at bangkok taxi drivers who i thought were driving me around in circles to increase the fare...then after living there for a while i realized that they did it because of various one way streets etc. So who was the idiot? I was.

Or when i lived with a Korean gal for many years and one day made some remark about how primitive it is to eat food with chopsticks rather than a fork. She explained to me that Koreans used to think that westerners who ate with a fork were "barbarians"...huh? I said. Because she explained until fairly recently in Korean there was not much hot water to wash dishes with and it is much easier and better to clean chopsticks than to try and clean in between the tines of a fork with cold water...so if you ate with a fork you were eating with a dirty instrument...who was the idiot? I was.

Or when many blacks in big American cities shot a few korean store clerks because they the clerk laid their change on the counter rather than put it in their outstretched hand? The blacks said the Koreans did it so as not to touch them and it was a sign of disrespect...ah not so said the ex...very common practice OF RESPECT by koreans to lay change on counter so you can see that you are not being short changed. Who was the idiot?

So my unsolicited advice is to think twice before being too critical of what you may hastily interpret as a scam or a stupid way of doing things. It is entirely possible that you may end up looking like an idiot. I sure have.

Great post!!! I like :)

If you get so annoyed about a little off water you better of going back to your home country where everything is so wonderfull

Seems like you are out today sir to 'have a go' at your fellow members!

Myself included in another place.

I am not "having a go" just concerned that he pops a bloodvain. It is not healthy to get very angry about minor things.