Stone Chip In Car Windscreen

thaimate

Simple procedure in UK or US but not so simple here.

I had a tiny chip in my CRV windscreen but after they filled the chip they turned the heat gun on it too quickly and cracked the screen from top to bottom. Cost 9000 baht for a new screen which we agreed to split between us.

There's a shop on Sukhumvit, opposite from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, who I've used a couple of times. They can both fix and replace and have very competitive prices. Can't remember the name though, but it's not difficult to find, they have stacks of replacement windscreens in the shop, easy to see from the street.

I had a tiny chip in my CRV windscreen but after they filled the chip they turned the heat gun on it too quickly and cracked the screen from top to bottom. Cost 9000 baht for a new screen which we agreed to split between us.

I was worried about that ,the chip is actually in a side window(careless builder) and its got film on it ,maybe the heat will take the film off ?

There's a shop on Sukhumvit, opposite from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, who I've used a couple of times. They can both fix and replace and have very competitive prices. Can't remember the name though, but it's not difficult to find, they have stacks of replacement windscreens in the shop, easy to see from the street.

Yes i know the one ,passed it many times ,thanks

I was worried about that ,the chip is actually in a side window(careless builder) and its got film on it ,maybe the heat will take the film off ?

I'm not sure but i would doubt that a single layer window can be repaired this way.Laminated windows where only one layer is pierced no problem but,in this case only the window film prevents the window from cracking.