Cycle From Pattaya To Koh Chang

Ape1983

I am planning to cycle from Pattaya to Koh Chang around the 8th of January. I will be using a full suspension Trek MTB not the lightest bike but

quite comfortable. I know the distance is around 250 KM so I will do it in 2 or 3 days. The plan is to stay in Koh Chang a 2-3 nights then get a

taxi/mini-van back to pattaya.

Firstly would anybody like to join me? I am a 28 yr old Scottish male, I am quite fit but newish to cycling. For me the distance wont be the problem,

however Im sure I will have a very sore bottom at the end. I will be cycling at a very moderate pace enjoying the scenery and stoping at any points

of interest.

Secondly does anyone have advice on what route to take, guesthouse/hotels to overnight in along the way.

Cheers

Jon

stay on the hwy till u get past rayong,stay in ban phe 1st night or travel further hugging the coast lots of guest houses and hotels along the coast,look for [talay, beach]on to chantaburi,dolphins show and guests houses,then on to the ferry to koh chang,where u will find very steep hills and its dangerours.best tip i can give you is KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD AHEAH NOT ON THE FRONT WHEEL as u should know bikes and cars come from everywhere,cars often overtake 3 wide.BE SAFE ...cat

Hi,

i'm planning to do the trip on a rented motorbike ( scooter not a big one) in february. Is it ok to ride such a bike on the highway or do you follow another route with your bicycle? If so, can you let me know which one please? thx