Price Of A New Car Battery

punisher

I think we paid about 4500 for a Bosch maintenance-free battery for our Ranger 3.0 XLT about 6 months ago at our local B-Quik.

A cheaper option was offered but I decided to go for the 'known' brand, wise or not, who really knows.

I think we paid about 4500 for a Bosch maintenance-free battery for our Ranger 3.0 XLT about 6 months ago at our local B-Quik.

A cheaper option was offered but I decided to go for the 'known' brand, wise or not, who really knows.

Thanks alot4500 sounds a bit much,but at least I know now how much to estimate,thanks again

Bquik is expensive, prices vary based on size and whether its dry or wet (cheaper just top up with distilled water periodically), Bosch is a good brand but ive never had problems with the local GS. id check around local shops on side of road, battery shops tend to locate near each other but prices can occasionally vary, dont reward the shops trying to fleece the foreigner

Drive to different shops and get an estimate, then underquote this to the next shop slightly to see if they will meet for this lower price, this is what i do even when looking for a new battery, saves me 500 baht sometimes and it just took me a couple clicks down the road and a u turn back up to the best value shop.

Depending on the state of your old one they will knock a 1,000 to 2,000 off the price of a new one. They did when I had to, the price for mine was 5,900 and they knocked 2,000 off. I think the new one I got was a Bosch.

3 years ago I bought a Yuasa battery for my Isuzu DMax and I seem to recall it was about 3,200,,,,,,,,guaranteed for a year. Don't recall but it physically was a larger battery than the factory installed one and I'm sure more cranking amps. Works good and now 3 years so I guess it was a good deal. Local Yuasa shop here in Ban Chang

110 AMP Boliden Silver Calcium Sealed (40% longer life) 4600bht :)

best value for money in TH, 18 months warranty, most sold battery in the middle east due to the hot climate

or you can get some crap with 1-3 months warranty at 2500 baht for 110A

or some expensive import at 12k baht

120A from GS will last minimum of 3 years I just paid 3,000bt, don't believe all the stuff about no maintenance batteries. TA has only had a Bolden 5 minutes so he's quoting off the box.

Sorry old bean but l read a lot here and anything Katabeachbum writes is stored in my grey cells as he is involved in many aspects of auto stuff and his knowledge is around the top forum members. With HIS information on the Boliden AND my reading Bolidens own words on their Web site is the reason for my post which for some reason you don't like. If your having a bad day l would suggest a Change or two.:D

OP, also my decision to go Boliden was l have had 2 ''genuine'' Toyota batteries that lasted 2 years each. ;)

Edited by transam

120A from GS will last minimum of 3 years I just paid 3,000bt, don't believe all the stuff about no maintenance batteries. TA has only had a Bolden 5 minutes so he's quoting off the box.

depends on the user and the charge/make of car

but usually they struggle within 15 months

do you maintain the batteries in your cellphone, laptop or watch?

Had a GS for over 5years no problem.

A OEM battery in the other car lasted 1year & a couple of days or so from new :annoyed: I think someone swapped it before delivery to us.:D

We got a GS for that 2,200 bht, nearly three years now no problems, I wait with baited breath.:rolleyes:

Oh !! and TA he doesn't quote off box, OK !!... John.., he has just forgotten how to spell ........ " Chang ". :D

Edited by Kwasaki