Finger/Hand Prints On Wall

james24

Is there any substance in Chiang Mai I can buy that will remove dirty handprints from a wall? The walls are pink and light grey.

As far as I can remember although Im no diy expert, sugar soap was good for removing marks like this, can anyone offer some advice..?

in part, it will depend on if you have a flat finish or glossy finish. If it is a flat finish, sometimes it is just easier to touch up the spots, if the paint job is not too old and you have some of the original paint left.

Otherwise, around the house i went out and bought some simple green (imported and a bit costly)... it works.. used to use it in USA and still works here.... something like 8-10 USD a bottle, but around my house a bottle lasts a couple of months, and we use it for stained clothes in our laundry too.

Move the bed to the center of the room, after you solve the smudge problem.

...that's only part of the solution...most of the stains in my house are around lite switches and staircases....Get Rid Of The Kids(and kids alike)!!!...NOT...:lol::lol:

...seriously,as mention above,good quality paint eggshell,or semi-gloss will do (gloss is ugly)...then soap and water will do to clean most of the stains..:)

in part, it will depend on if you have a flat finish or glossy finish. If it is a flat finish, sometimes it is just easier to touch up the spots, if the paint job is not too old and you have some of the original paint left.

Otherwise, around the house i went out and bought some simple green (imported and a bit costly)... it works.. used to use it in USA and still works here.... something like 8-10 USD a bottle, but around my house a bottle lasts a couple of months, and we use it for stained clothes in our laundry too.

Simple Green is the best. I used to buy it by the case for my electronics workshops both in the USA and Europe. Used it on everything, paint, glass, brass, steel, chrome, etc. Indeed very costly here.

Thanks guys

Im gonna try some water first, then the green solution and if that doesnt work Ill paint it. Its a rental so I dont wanna spend too much on it.

Lannarebirths link has some good ideas too which Im gonna give a go

Edited by james24