Only A Small Thing But.......

Greenside

Read on someone's post yesterday that Makro had restocked on Singha Beer . Went out to Makro this morning [superhwy]and nada, nothing in the way of Singha in sight.....looking for Sing Light especially.

If that poster reads this, which Makro were you referring to?

For the record..... lots of Coca Cola by the pallet load, but no Coke Light or Zero. Same goes for Rimping SS, Meechok. 10AM Thurs the 8th

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Read on someone's post yesterday that Makro had restocked on Singha Beer . Went out to Makro this morning [superhwy]and nada, nothing in the way of Singha in sight.....looking for Sing Light especially.

If that poster reads this, which Makro were you referring to?

For the record..... lots of Coca Cola by the pallet load, but no Coke Light or Zero. Same goes for Rimping SS, Meechok. 10AM Thurs the 8th

Just come out of Makro on 108 Gonzo and they have plenty of Singha but didn't notice if light or not as I drink other beers. Makro on 108 now very well re-stocked on many items so things getting much better all round.

Beer Lao?

They certainly had a pallate of BeerLao yesterday. Whether there's any left now, I couldn't say. I hope so though as I'm off there now!

Let us know what it costs now. Interesting to see if the price has changed much.

if you are going to the Hang Dong Makro, leave us a couple of cases, pretty please

Let us know what it costs now. Interesting to see if the price has changed much.

if you are going to the Hang Dong Makro, leave us a couple of cases, pretty please

There's still half a palatte left. and its still 887 a case. It's still a mystery why they ran out at all. Vientiane wasn't affected by the flooding! One wonders if sculduggery was at work!

Thank Heavens ... the UN's Emergency-Relief Supply-Convoy must have made it to Chiang Mai at last, just as we were giving up all hope ! :lol:

Or was it perhaps an air-drop ? :rolleyes:

Must have been a direct air-drop on Macro for all those who seem incapable of shopping anywhere else. As there never were any shortages in the bottle shops... well except Singh, as Singh factory was actually flooded. But all the other beers were in plentiful supply everywhere except Macro and Tesco... in any case thank God that horrific shortage of Macro/Tesco sourced beer has finally subsided. :whistling:

Thank Heavens ... the UN's Emergency-Relief Supply-Convoy must have made it to Chiang Mai at last, just as we were giving up all hope ! :lol:

Must have been a direct air-drop on Macro for all those who seem incapable of shopping anywhere else. As there never were any shortages in the bottle shops... well except Singh, as Singh factory was actually flooded. But all the other beers were in plentiful supply everywhere except Macro and Tesco... in any case thank God that horrific shortage of Macro/Tesco sourced beer has finally subsided. :whistling:

If you know a bottle shop that stocked Leo small or Beer Lao light or dark during the flooding, you were abrogating your patriotic duty not to tell us.

If you know a bottle shop that stocked Leo small or Beer Lao light or dark during the flooding, you were abrogating your patriotic duty not to tell us.

This tip from Betico1 posted 2 weeks ago saw me through the beer Lao drought at Makro. They had 2 pallet loads out front of Lao Dark & Lao regular and more in the back, at least they did 2 weeks ago. Not as cheap as Makro but any harbour in a storm...

"Beer Lao by the case Huay Kaew - Canal Road intersection. Off licence is on right side just before Canal Road heading Zoo direction. 920 a case of 24. Not sure for Lao Dark but I drink it regularly at the off licence with the tables outside along Nimmanheimen Road. They seem well-stocked for everything. Just a shame more bars don't sell Lao, light or dark. Beats the tasteless Thai beers by a mile and no thumping hangover"

Always happy to do my patriotic duty and keep Beer Lao flowing to places other beers don't reach!

Edited by NxaiPan

By way of an update...... just back from Makro 108 and no sign of any Singha of any sort.

....and for those that have interest.... re the diet or sugar free colas, the BS story of the day is that the plant that makes the cans for the Coke Light and Zero was flooded and not working...... but magically the elves come out during the night and make millions of cans for Coke Classic......

Must , no doubt, be the same story of the week for the Pepsi Plant.

:angry: :angry:

By way of an update...... just back from Makro 108 and no sign of any Singha of any sort.

....and for those that have interest.... re the diet or sugar free colas, the BS story of the day is that the plant that makes the cans for the Coke Light and Zero was flooded and not working...... but magically the elves come out during the night and make millions of cans for Coke Classic......

Must , no doubt, be the same story of the week for the Pepsi Plant.

:angry: :angry:

Blimey; there were 20 cases or more of Singha there early yesterday morning, so the Singha locusts must have been in and raped it.

This tip from Betico1 posted 2 weeks ago saw me through the beer Lao drought at Makro. They had 2 pallet loads out front of Lao Dark & Lao regular and more in the back, at least they did 2 weeks ago. Not as cheap as Makro but any harbour in a storm...

"Beer Lao by the case Huay Kaew - Canal Road intersection. Off licence is on right side just before Canal Road heading Zoo direction. 920 a case of 24. Not sure for Lao Dark but I drink it regularly at the off licence with the tables outside along Nimmanheimen Road. They seem well-stocked for everything. Just a shame more bars don't sell Lao, light or dark. Beats the tasteless Thai beers by a mile and no thumping hangover"

Always happy to do my patriotic duty and keep Beer Lao flowing to places other beers don't reach!

+1 My wife always shops at that bottle shop at HK/Canal road... good place!