Immigration On-Line Appt For Visa Transfer

daniel636

I will say yes from a position of ignorance. I also have to do that in the near future. When I renewed last month, the woman immigration agent told me I could not get the full year as my passport expired before then, so my visa only went to that expiration date. She then told me to come back to her (I assumed she meant the visa renewal via on line queue) with my new passport and she would transfer the visa and then extend it to the end of the year.

We did it in Sept, almost had a problem as we had booked only one hour slot for two of us and the officer was reluctant to do both but fortunately a senior officer said just this once!

It can be a lenghty process as all the relevant stamps have to be transferred, I see no problem using the online booking for this.

I will say yes from a position of ignorance. I also have to do that in the near future. When I renewed last month, the woman immigration agent told me I could not get the full year as my passport expired before then, so my visa only went to that expiration date. She then told me to come back to her (I assumed she meant the visa renewal via on line queue) with my new passport and she would transfer the visa and then extend it to the end of the year.

I did the exact procedure. From old to new passport, they transferred the old visa and last extension and changed the permission to stay date to 1 year from your last expired extension.

OP Quote:

"I am getting a new US passport and will need to transfer my extension of stay based on retirement to it. Is that a complicated enough transaction that I should book the appointment through Chiang Mai Immigration's on-line system?

Thanks"

------------------------------

Sorry to say that this would be an abuse of the system. The online appointment system is to be used only for visa extensions. The pinned topic Immigration On line Queue System makes this quite clear:

"Please note that the online queueing system is only for those doing extensions of stay such as work, marriage, business, education and retirement."

Go to Immigration early and the line shouldn't be too long.

Go to Immigration early and the line shouldn't be too long.

Make an appointment in the early afternoon (1pm onward) for your visa extension.

Go about 10 for your transfer of visa to new passport.

Then take a stroll to AP, have a bite to eat then stroll back to immigration at your app't time.

Stress free.smile.gif