Journalist Topic

Leo_Moscow

Hello and respect to everyone seeing me. )

My name is Leonid, I am the one of amount of people which loved Thai country first minute I was here.

We plan a visit Thailand and have a pr order for several articles.

Does anyone know information resources over english part of Thai Internet?

Are there any place in Bangkok there press people being ?

Nice to meet to everyone on this forum!

My name is Leonid, I am the one of amount of people which loved Thai country first minute I was here.

We plan a visit Thailand and have a pr order for several articles.

Does anyone know information resources over english part of Thai Internet?

Are there any place in Bangkok there press people being ?

Nice to meet to everyone on this forum!

www.fccthai.com

Decent bar, and good way to meet press people, both Thai and foreign. Open to non-members, although there may be an admittance fee on certain nights.

www.fccthai.com

Decent bar, and good way to meet press people, both Thai and foreign. Open to non-members, although there may be an admittance fee on certain nights.

No offense to the previous poster, but the people at the Foreign Corresponsent's Club are anything but the best and the brightest around here. Once it was a pretty good group, but no longer. These days the FCCT is strictly the left overs: the wannabe's and the neverwere's.

The original poster would be better off making his contacts directly, either through the English language daily papers (the Post or the Nation), some of the English language magazines (Metro or Tattler), or even with one of the better known English language novelists (Leather or Needham).

SNIP/

some of the English language magazines (Metro or Tattler)

Just an off topic observation- the overall trend of magazines in Thailand assumes one is either a HI SO (less than 1% of the population??) or primarily interested in gazing blankly at 'pretty pictures of pretty people', fascinated by 'metrosexuals' :o or the overhyped DJ scene, or gratuitous restaraunt so called 'reviews'... basically, the majority are left out, or just left yawning :D ZzzZzzz

SNIP/

some of the English language magazines (Metro or Tattler)

Just an off topic observation- the overall trend of magazines in Thailand assumes one is either a HI SO (less than 1% of the population??) or primarily interested in gazing blankly at 'pretty pictures of pretty people', fascinated by 'metrosexuals' :o or the overhyped DJ scene, or gratuitous restaraunt so called 'reviews'... basically, the majority are left out, or just left yawning :D ZzzZzzz

Still off topic,....MOST people in Thailand really don't have money to spend on slick magazines.

Oh dear, here we go with the class warfare rubbish again. Look, the poster wanted to know how he ought to go about making press and other information contacts in Thailand and I suggested he contact some of the major publications directly rather than hang around the FCCT with the unemployables.

I'm sorry you two personally don't like the local English-language magazines, but a great many of them are well established and have made money conistently over a period many years. That seems noteable in view of your mutual conviction that these magazines don't appeal to most people, don't you think?

Gee, you don't figure there is a good possibility you have your heads stuck well up your little tushes while you are pushing your ode to the common folks garbage, do you? Nah. That couldn't be.