Porsche Is Doing A Ford Ranger T6

Ford has entered a new aera of marketing with its frequent youtube videos of the developing and testing of their new Ford Ranger T6 long before its launch.

Just watched a 10 minutes video testing the 2012 Porsche 911 in South Africas heat and Swedens ice and snow. Codename for this 911 is 991, and it will be launched next year.

Missed my old job for a second, then I woke up to reality, off to the beach and a few beer at 5pm B)

Link

Yes ford australia have done well, making competitions where they lend out rangers to selected people who make online vdo blogs for youtube etc showing the rangers abilities offroad, tutorials, reviews of the cabin and options all done by consumers trying to win the ranger challenge. its effective because viewers lower their guard when listening because its not a typical piece of marketing as they arent being paid directly by ford like those family insurrance adds, yet they get to keep the ranger and other perks making them biased in what they will say like the review magazines which rely too heavily on adverts for revenue and not subscriptions.

Just checked the porsche vdo

agreed definately reminds me of the ford vdos testing the ranger on dunes, chevy has been less successful generating a buzz prior to launch, mazda even less.

procrastinating on TV whilst waiting for another conference call....enjoy your reality im definately wishing i was back in LOS to enjoy my beach and beer B)

Thanks for the link caphant :)

Interesting - I'm guessing we're going to be seeing a whole lot more of this style of marketing as time goes on. In traditional video marketing the production cost pales into insignificance compared to the cost of broadcast slots. With YouTube, broadcasting is now free so fool be the company that doesn't make use of the channel.

Back to the car, I'd have one around here - but only at Malaysian prices :) At Thai prices I think I'll wait for the Hybrid version :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks for the link caphant :)

Interesting - I'm guessing we're going to be seeing a whole lot more of this style of marketing as time goes on. In traditional video marketing the production cost pales into insignificance compared to the cost of broadcast slots. With YouTube, broadcasting is now free so fool be the company that doesn't make use of the channel.

Back to the car, I'd have one around here - but only at Malaysian prices :) At Thai prices I think I'll wait for the Hybrid version :D

what happend to my link? yeeez me and computers, well i m better with cars :rolleyes: thanks caphant

In Porsches case they can not do the Ranger consumer testing prior to launch as that would destroy its exclusivity. On the other hand they have spendt a fair amount of time making this video.

Would love a car like this, but find Thai prices silly, and Thai climate and taxes fine for faster bikes :P