Help! Info Needed (urgently)!

Hi,

I've been checking out this website when I needed advice re: visa etc., but now I can't the information that I've been looking for.

If I overstay my visa, will I be allowed to go back to Thailand or not? I mean, if I overstay by some 2-3, then I go home to my country, before that I pay the fine at the airport, will I have any problems getting Thai visa when I'll apply for one before returning back to Asia?

Please let me know, I don't want to call the Immigration with such an inquiry. Thanks a lot.

PL

Pay overstay fine at airport on the way out and you will not have a "black mark" against you. Get caught in a "sweep" somewhere in overstay status - now you have a problem. So - while in overstay status, act cautiously.

You can always go down to Soi Suan Phlu before your entry permit expires, and extend it for a few days.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

Hi,

I've been checking out this website when I needed advice re: visa etc., but now I can't the information that I've been looking for.

If I overstay my visa, will I be allowed to go back to Thailand or not? I mean, if I overstay by some 2-3, then I go home to my country, before that I pay the fine at the airport, will I have any problems getting Thai visa when I'll apply for one before returning back to Asia?

Please let me know, I don't want to call the Immigration with such an inquiry. Thanks a lot.

PL

Take that advice...do not get caught or you will get jailed, deported, and banned. Today or tomorrow would be good days to cross a border or fly out.

VERY DANGEROUS advise Shunima is giving there!

it may have worked in the past - don't count on it now.

overstayers go to the nearest border or airport and pay the fine within the next few hours. Immigration is getting tough, just read the papers.

the only overstays Imm is treating with compassion is for medical reasons, for example if you had an accident and ended up in hospital but of course doctor reports are required for this purpose.

opalhort

overstayers go to the nearest border or airport and pay the fine within the next few hours. Immigration is getting tough, just read the papers.

Agree! Pay the overstay at airport/border when you leave. If they have a bad day at Suan Pluh you *could* end up in the IDC (Immigration Detention Center).

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS:-)

I'M KINDA UNSURE AS WHAT TO DO. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I GOT EVERY POSSIBLE EXTENSION ON MY VISA AND NOW I CAN'T EXTEND IT AT ALL. I'LL BE FLYING OUT ON 5TH FEB - AT THE MOMENT I'M A BIT STRAPPED FOR CASH AND I CAN'T MAKE THE VISA RUN. AS A PRECAUTION, I'M CARRYING MY PLANE TICKET ON ME AND ENOUGH CASH TO COVER THE FINE...

IF I PAY AT THE AIRPORT, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? ARE THEY LIKELY TO CAUSE ME ANY PROBLEMS, I.E. PREVENTING ME FROM BOARDING THE PLANE?

I WISH THEY'D MAKE IT A BIT EASIER HERE FOR US :-(

PS: ARE THE DOCTORS LIKELY TO ISSUE SOME SORT OF A CERTIFICATE FOR ME (question - how much do I have to bribe them?)? CAN I JUST WALK INTO A HOSPITAL OR DO I HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE? I'M SORRY FOR SOUNDING TOO NAIVE, I JUST DON'T KNOW...

THANKS.

PL

PS: ARE THE DOCTORS LIKELY TO ISSUE SOME SORT OF A CERTIFICATE FOR ME (question - how much do I have to bribe them?)? CAN I JUST WALK INTO A HOSPITAL OR DO I HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE? I'M SORRY FOR SOUNDING TOO NAIVE, I JUST DON'T KNOW

DON'T EVEN TRY IT!!!!

when I mentioned medical reasons I meant SINCERE and HONEST cases!

get to the nearest airport, pay the fine, get out and come back in by which ever way you want!

opalhort

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS:-)

I'M KINDA UNSURE AS WHAT TO DO. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I GOT EVERY POSSIBLE EXTENSION ON MY VISA AND NOW I CAN'T EXTEND IT AT ALL. I'LL BE FLYING OUT ON 5TH FEB - AT THE MOMENT I'M A BIT STRAPPED FOR CASH AND I CAN'T MAKE THE VISA RUN. AS A PRECAUTION, I'M CARRYING MY PLANE TICKET ON ME AND ENOUGH CASH TO COVER THE FINE...

IF I PAY AT THE AIRPORT, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? ARE THEY LIKELY TO CAUSE ME ANY PROBLEMS, I.E. PREVENTING ME FROM BOARDING THE PLANE?

I WISH THEY'D MAKE IT A BIT EASIER HERE FOR US :-(

PS: ARE THE DOCTORS LIKELY TO ISSUE SOME SORT OF A CERTIFICATE FOR ME (question - how much do I have to bribe them?)? CAN I JUST WALK INTO A HOSPITAL OR DO I HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE? I'M SORRY FOR SOUNDING TOO NAIVE, I JUST DON'T KNOW...

THANKS.

PL

They wish you would bring more money so you would not have these problems.

In any case join the crowd. Make sure you have departure tax I think it was 500 baht plus enough for a cup of coffe would be thoughtful. Just in case, you may want to get one of the local thais to write down in thai how you like your meals served while in the monkey house.

Cheapest Visa Run I can think of that may help is to take the bus to Chantaburi. There is then another bus then takes you down almost to the boarder, you can get one of those Baht busses to the car-park.

Remember you will have to pay 1000thb for the visa and stay more than 18 hours... :o

Another cheap idea would be to take the 3rd class train to Butterworth, that is cheap. It will be long and slow, but cheap.

But if you can't afford to do that - how are you paying your hotel bill and eating????

When you make a decision to overstay your visa, remember what your own country would do to a Thai National who did the same as what you are thinking.

Sorry Shuni as I said earlier your heart is in the right place, but you personally haven't done it.

When you have come and tell us about it, but IMHO and that of the other Admins, that info is wrong.

Edited by IT Manager

Sorry Opalhort, I disagree ! Even at DonMuang you can have a real bad time with Immigration and in the worst case you'll miss your flight.

good for at the moment.

So if there is no other way then to take the risk of overstay I still suggest SuanPlu in Bangkok. Go there the morning before your flight leaves. Take your ticket that you can show them you are on your way back home. Take all the money it needs to pay them. Apologize your stupid behaviour as often as you can. Tell them that you are willing to do all you can to get this flight at the same day.

again Love Shuni & good Luck!!! :o:D

Opalhort is right and i agree with the many others that say it is not advisable to do so.

It is very dangerous to risk showing urself up at suanplu. do it at the airport; its way better. the people there will just see u right thru the paper work, take ur $$ and let u get on ur way. TRUST ME, it happened to me.

in case u were wondering abt being on an overstay status and wanna pay up: -

do it at the airport: NO BLACKLIST

do it outside: POSSIBLE

get caught outside: BLACKLIST

i overstayed for 11 days, and when it was my turn at the immigration at donmuang, the fella told me i overstayed; i acted apologetically and said what was gonna happen to me. the guy simply said, it was okay, cos i was at the airport and obviously had an airticket out, and could pay the airport tax (i had $$ for them to milk).

right in the middle of the immigration lanes, there will be an office much like those u find at road cross junctions, this woman comes up to me, asks me to sit, makes a copy of my passport, collects 2,200 baht, gives me my reciept, clips it together with the BIG STACK of others similarly fined and i am on my way. time? abt 5 mins. there is no way they can make it difficult for u. they just want ur money and shoo u off. and u wont miss ur flight, just turn up early. they dont even ask u questions.

no blacklist, nothing. within days i got my visa again.

it is way safer to turn up at the airport. imagine the trouble they had to go thru transferring u out of the airport right?? and if u were in suanplu, and things go wrong ala murphy's law.... u're gonna suffer from hindsight.

however, the best way is to avoid all this in the first place. before ur visa expires, get an extension, do what u need to and no headache. sorry shuni, just my two cents worth and real life experience.

Sorry Opalhort, I disagree ! Even at DonMuang you can have a real bad time with Immigration and in the worst case you'll miss your flight.

good for at the moment.

So if there is no other way then to take the risk of overstay I still suggest SuanPlu in Bangkok. Go there the morning before your flight leaves. Take your ticket that you can show them you are on your way back home. Take all the money it needs to pay them. Apologize your stupid behaviour as often as you can. Tell them that you are willing to do all you can to get this flight at the same day.

again Love Shuni & good Luck!!! :o:D

Opalhort is right and i agree with the many others that say it is not advisable to do so.

It is very dangerous to risk showing urself up at suanplu. do it at the airport; its way better. the people there will just see u right thru the paper work, take ur $$ and let u get on ur way. TRUST ME, it happened to me.

in case u were wondering abt being on an overstay status and wanna pay up: -

do it at the airport: NO BLACKLIST

do it outside: POSSIBLE

get caught outside: BLACKLIST

i overstayed for 11 days, and when it was my turn at the immigration at donmuang, the fella told me i overstayed; i acted apologetically and said what was gonna happen to me. the guy simply said, it was okay, cos i was at the airport and obviously had an airticket out, and could pay the airport tax (i had $$ for them to milk).

right in the middle of the immigration lanes, there will be an office much like those u find at road cross junctions, this woman comes up to me, asks me to sit, makes a copy of my passport, collects 2,200 baht, gives me my reciept, clips it together with the BIG STACK of others similarly fined and i am on my way. time? abt 5 mins. there is no way they can make it difficult for u. they just want ur money and shoo u off. and u wont miss ur flight, just turn up early. they dont even ask u questions.

no blacklist, nothing. within days i got my visa again.

it is way safer to turn up at the airport. imagine the trouble they had to go thru transferring u out of the airport right?? and if u were in suanplu, and things go wrong ala murphy's law.... u're gonna suffer from hindsight.

however, the best way is to avoid all this in the first place. before ur visa expires, get an extension, do what u need to and no headache. sorry shuni, just my two cents worth and real life experience.

I absolutely agree. Suan Phlu is a risky spot indeed.

my question remains unanswered.

What could/will happen to an american who overstayed his non-imm. visa by 3 or 4 years, who has lost his passeport and last but not least, who is flat broke ?

How months/years in jail ?

Will he be blacklisted ?

What could/will happen to an american who overstayed his non-imm. visa by 3 or 4 years, who has lost his passeport and last but not least, who is flat broke ?

Will he be blacklisted ?

if caught he'll end up in IDC until he or somebody provides the funds for an outbound ticket!

and he'll be blacklisted.

DON'T OVERSTAY!!! :o

opalhort

Anything wrong with overstaying 4 or 5 days? Or in this climate, should we just avoid overstay altogether?

Don't rely on second hand information ... that we can't trust, right ? ...

Do it yourself and let us know the outcome. :o

I've done it in the past without incident...

Can anyone tell me how long I can extend a non-im b? Is it 10 days for 1900 Baht?

Will he be blacklisted ?

if caught he'll end up in IDC until he or somebody provides the funds for an outbound ticket!

and he'll be blacklisted.

DON'T OVERSTAY!!! :o

opalhort

Don't they believe it all ?

Let's say I know the head of a language school who employs teachers to work on his firm's behalf at various schools.

He says that after a teacher friend of his joins the company properly ie becomes a partner, he will apply for a non-immigrant B visa on his behalf. He has employed this teacher guy in the past, though not full-time.

In other words, this guy employs people working here on a tourist permit and who stay presumably by crossing the border every 90 days.

Both the teacher and employer know this arrangement is illegal; but who is more culpable?

The teacher knows he shouldn't work without a work permit. He is not a mere backpacker but has been here for years, and teaches well. He may well have held non-immigrant Bs in the past.

The language school guy also knows he shouldn't hire someone on a tourist visa to teach, and I assume the school which signs the contract knows as much as well. Everyone seems keen to turn a blind eye.

Why can't the guy with the language school apply straight away for a non-immigrant B? Why does this teacher guy not have enough self-respect to demand his prospective employer get him one, before he starts work?

Maybe the company is trying him out first. Certainly the paperwork is an enormous headache.

I wouldn't dream of leaving my present job for another until my new employer sorted out my paperwork, and secured a non-immigrant B.

I know what the rest of you are thinking: he wants to be legal. How naff!

To the original poster of this off tangent thread. If you have the funds to live her until the FEB 5th and to pay the bribes and or fines. But you do not have the cash to make a VISA run.?????? 1200 baht is how much you will have to pay 2000 baht you can do a VISA run. Just cut your beer out of your life until then.

It just sounds kind of lazy to me. Make the run or call your airline and go home now. A mistake by a day or two of pure ignorance is not an issues, planning this far out to break the laws is just stupid.

I hear people making all kinds of excesses why that can't do something. Its not because they can't is there to lazy. Just like the teachers and schools that don't file the correct paperwork.

Sorry to be so crass.

For the American fool, he should go to the Counsel General and work with them. I too am from the US.

It’s foolish for any American or anyoneto think they have special rights. If you think the Thais are strict America makes the Thai immigration look like cakewalk. At least humans can figure it out. In the US you need to be sub Human I.E a lawyer to even understand what going on.