Honda Pcx 2012 Model?

gravion

hi folks, im interested in purchasing pcx (black/white), but is there 2012 model coming up?

I asked the honda store ppeeps but they said something about just new colours.

Is black/white model is 2010?

Also price seems to skyped from around 65K to 74K. As with CBRs...

http://newhonda2012.blogspot.com/2010/11/honda-pcx.html

ALso what's ur general opinions about pcx? Ive rented for a day, although its only 125cc, its fast! Prolly can get to 80km in 2 sec...

Also got engine standby mode, not sure if this is efficeint, cuz i heard takes fuels to restart again or something.

love my pcx as a local runaround but 0-80kmh in 2 seconds I need to ride my Ninja650 and not even then sure I can make it below 3,0.

2011 white pearl/black, 2010 was brown seat for white pearl

I do not use the auto stop/start very often, but it returns 40km/liter. usually full throttle up to 80kmh, but never go faster due to its moped style tyres, brakes and traction

'2 seconds' that made me laugh lol :D

They are quick for what they are, not the quickest automatic 125 out there but still nippy/fast enough for this vehicle's intended use. :)

Lots of after market bling if you're into that type of thing, first thing you'd need to do will be to replace the rear suspension with something that has at least pre-load adjustability :)

Honda_PCX_MY_SIGNATURE-white-black.jpg?p

so this is 2011? I visited like 3 shops, but do not have this colour... so the shop will order from other provinces.

also why the price differnce of 65K and 74K?

Store peeps said 65K for old model. So this means 2010 model? SUch as white body /brown seat ?

Honda_PCX_MY_SIGNATURE-white-black.jpg?p

so this is 2011? I visited like 3 shops, but do not have this colour... so the shop will order from other provinces.

also why the price differnce of 65K and 74K?

Store peeps said 65K for old model. So this means 2010 model? SUch as white body /brown seat ?

one more thing, pcs was fast out in the market in 2010?

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/New-Powerful-Sportier-Scooter-from-Honda

New Powerful, Sportier Scooter from Honda

To tap the demand for more powerful gearless scooters, segment leader Honda are planning a bigger and sportier scooter for Southeast Asia. There is no confirmation as to when this scooter will make its appearance, but we expect it to be unveiled early next year.

The engine capacity of the new 'sportier' scooter will be between 125 and 150cc and the price will hover just above the current Honda PCX 125. It will be a premium scooter with a sporty design, like what we see in the maxi-scooter market.

Considering the whole background, we have a reason to believe that Honda might consider their successful Honda PCX 125 as the platform for this new sportier and more powerful scooter and the new scooter is to capture the high end of the scooter market.

We will keep you informed about more details as we learn about them. Overall, Honda Thailand has promised that it will introduce 13 new two-wheelers on that Thai motorcycle/scooter market...

'2 seconds' that made me laugh lol :D

They are quick for what they are, not the quickest automatic 125 out there but still nippy/fast enough for this vehicle's intended use. :)

Lots of after market bling if you're into that type of thing, first thing you'd need to do will be to replace the rear suspension with something that has at least pre-load adjustability :)

That hard suspension along with the seat bump do need to be changed on any future model.

but never go faster due to its moped style tyres, brakes and traction

i read somewhere that pcx got the best brake honda ever made. http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/The-Honda-PCX-125i-Scooter-the-Powerful

i have hard time rear braking, cuz i smoke with my left arm ehehe..ehe...eheheh... ohhhh. i owned wave before and i do somehow feel that foot braking is more strong compared to hand brake.

I havent actually carefully looked into tyres, but they seem to be a bit thicker compared to normal scooters? thick as KSR tyres.

U mean going at 100km will cause unstability?

but never go faster due to its moped style tyres, brakes and traction

i read somewhere that pcx got the best brake honda ever made. http://www.motorcycl...er-the-Powerful

i have hard time rear braking, cuz i smoke with my left arm ehehe..ehe...eheheh... ohhhh. i owned wave before and i do somehow feel that foot braking is more strong compared to hand brake.

I havent actually carefully looked into tyres, but they seem to be a bit thicker compared to normal scooters? thick as KSR tyres.

U mean going at 100km will cause unstability?

considering brakes, tyres and suspension, I find pcx safe for 80kmh (as I do with elegance and suzuki hyate), Dtracker 250/Ninja250/honda cbr250 safe for 120kmh, and Ninja650 safe for 160kmh. These speeds give approx same braking distance, 40-50meter to zero.

pcx has good brakes for an inexpensive twist&go, and a huge advantage is the rearbrake handoperated left side actually can be used due to the combobrake also activating one of the 3 pistons in front brake. Not bad :)

2k baht gets pcx a larger front rotor and caliper bracket, improving braking hugely

2k baht gets it a modified variator, improving my speed up steep hills from 40kmh to 55 kmh. also supposed to improve top speed. great :)

there are loads of existing info on pcx here in ThaiVisa Bikes, so read up and learn :)

Why do people think the scooter brakes are poor? If you can lock up the front and rear wheels, how much more powerful braking can you get. I do know for a fact that my Elegance can lock em both up. No way would I consider buying a bigger rotor on the front.

I'm not sure I understand these notions of braking and speed. I do agree that the combi-brake system can be of advantage to some riders, particularly in emergency situations, but that's on the human engineering side.

Brakes work better according to their ability to stop a weight (one thing) by way of the rubber on the ground (another) through the stickiness of the tire (another thing). Thus locking up my brakes (and losing steering control) is not in and of itself a certain demonstration of ability to stop. On the other hand, tires small in diameter might also be very wide in comparison and put a lot of their surface on the ground.

I've ridden a lot of fat-tired scooters (I don't say mopeds, which, though accepted these days, is useless to me since it means the ability to bicycle it) in Europe. Scooters are susceptible to potholes but some can stop quickly, disks better of course.

In sum, I cannot see how a blanket statement about many types of small bikes, limiting them to 80 kms/h in order to be safely stopped can be correct, howevermuch I admire Katabb's knowledge.

It is true, of course, that the PCX has relatively wide tires. However, it is weightier than other 125cc.s. I believe that only objective testing of each stock model could possibly give us accurate information about their overall stopping abilities. Also, in determining these outcomes, we must establish a standard - gps for my money, and a set stretch of road.

Edited by CMX

PCX was great. Loved it but I spend most of my time on the Superhighway in CM. Didn't pushed it past 80, didn't feel really stable at that speed, nothing to do with the tyres, probably more aero. The brakes take a little adjustment, as there is no independent rear brake, it's all in the combi-brake system that they have, your left hand works the rear but it also put some pressure on the front as well, kinda annoying.

The "Start and Stop" function was great in the city, saved some gas at the light.

It's a little wider than average, so had a little trouble slipping between the stationary traffic.

Great seating style, almost 'cruiser' like.

Huge storage space under the seat.

Havn't heard anything regarding to '12 model,

Why do people think the scooter brakes are poor? If you can lock up the front and rear wheels, how much more powerful braking can you get. I do know for a fact that my Elegance can lock em both up. No way would I consider buying a bigger rotor on the front.

If you lock up your front wheel by braking at 80-100kmh on ordinary paved roads, you have a serious traction problem and extremely long braking distance in the region of 60-120meters. elegance tyres out in the sun have ok traction for 6 months, acceptable for 2 years, and 50% or less traction when passing 2 years

I find 40 meters braking distance a maximum riding bike, and that is achiavable with good tyres riding

pcx and similar at 80kmh

250 dtracker, ninja, cbr at 120kmh

ninja 650 at 160kmh

any one of them going faster than above, significat increase in braking distance

If you lock up your front wheel by braking at 80-100kmh on ordinary paved roads, you have a serious traction problem and extremely long braking distance in the region of 60-120meters. elegance tyres out in the sun have ok traction for 6 months, acceptable for 2 years, and 50% or less traction when passing 2 years

I find 40 meters braking distance a maximum riding bike, and that is achiavable with good tyres riding

pcx and similar at 80kmh

ninja 650 at 160kmh

any one of them going faster than above, significat increase in braking distance

Are you saying that a 650 Ninja will stop in the same distance at 160 KPH as a PCX at 80 KPH? I really think that's quite a stretch.

pcx and similar at 80kmh

ninja 650 at 160kmh

Are you saying that a 650 Ninja will stop in the same distance at 160 KPH as a PCX at 80 KPH? I really think that's quite a stretch.

I think you're being too kind, Gary. I would say that KBB is talking complete and utter <deleted>.

pcx and similar at 80kmh

ninja 650 at 160kmh

It's doubtful.

However, the Ninja 650r has ABS and so real life braking will be way better than any of the other bikes.

40m for 160 seems a tall order, it clearly depends on the tires. The CBR250 gets 37m from 100km/h on stock tires and while the Ninja surely has much better tires and also better brakes my feeling is that you won't get 40m out of a Ninja 650 at 160kph. I'd love to try it out on the Versys actually - same brakes, same weight - but there's no place around here where I could safely conduct a brake test at 160...

It is not 2013 yet, so no that model is not available here. Thailand is at least a year behind introducing the current models...

The concept of a "model year" is a North American marketing idea not necessarily followed by the rest of the world. Most everywhere else registration date takes on more importance, which is why the UK "year" is Sept. to Sept. to avoid a lull around the end of the year.

Hard to believe that as PCX is manufactured here Thailand is a year behind anyone.

pcx and similar at 80kmh

ninja 650 at 160kmh

I think you're being too kind, Gary. I would say that KBB is talking complete and utter <deleted>.

40m stopping distance when going 160? yeah I think that something is wrong with the math. :o

40m stopping distance when going 160? yeah I think that something is wrong with the math. :o

assume you know the difference between stoppingdistance and brakingdistance, the first one is a sum of reactiontime, actiontime and brakingdistance

Stock battlax 021, not doable on versys or er6n stock tyres, and depending on surface of course, using the ABS brakes as designed meaning full brakingpower front and rear, yes Ninja 650 brakes at same distance at 160kmh as stock cbr250/dtracker/ninja250 at 120kmh and stock pcx at 80 kmh. As they should, just look at the huge difference in brakes and tyres. Go out and try. Its fun :D

then do it 5 more times with hot brakes, and Ninja650 needs shorter distance than the others as the rotors arent as hot as the others. they are double to 6 times the size/capasity

or replace ninja650 with cbr600rr or R6 or whatever and brake even shorter distance :)

and back on topic, love my pcx as a local runaround and up to 15km (30km roundtrip) trips, but my top speed riding it is 80kmh due to above. Not exactly whiplash or heavy G-force

It is not 2013 yet, so no that model is not available here. Thailand is at least a year behind introducing the current models...

The concept of a "model year" is a North American marketing idea not necessarily followed by the rest of the world. Most everywhere else registration date takes on more importance, which is why the UK "year" is Sept. to Sept. to avoid a lull around the end of the year.

Hard to believe that as PCX is manufactured here Thailand is a year behind anyone.

us, uk and europe use same model year as indicated by 10th position in VIN

often next years model is out in august, following 3-5 weeks summer break at factory in july giving the logistic guys time to reorganise plant

In TH domestic manufactored vehicles usually have no modelyear in VIN, often replaced by zero, to ease logistic for makers and dealers. However most have a change of spec in september/october.

In TH date of purchase is usually also model year unless its an old bike/car, a 2011 december purchase will have reg book isssued in 2012, but model 2011 stated in reg book

In Europe it is called the "year code". It in no way entertains the idea as it does in the US that manufacturers will change anything when they change to a new year code.

In Europe it is called the "year code". It in no way entertains the idea as it does in the US that manufacturers will change anything when they change to a new year code.

there are often invisible changes to new model year, like new brake supplier etc

when I worked at Volvo, next modelyear was sometimes out in June due to running out of last years parts more early than expected due to increased manufactoring output

• 4 weeks later...

hi guyz smile.png im leaving in Phuket since 3 years now , i wanna buy Pcx but as you probably know it's not available in any shops ( at least in Phuket ) and u cant even order it. Last time my gf called Honda at Phuket town they said that gonna be a new version of the PCX coming, and the price gonna be around 80K . I dont know yet what kind of things gonna be change on this version . I will try to get this information asap. If anyones knows that feel free to tell me smile.png and when the PCX gonna be available....

About Pcx brakes , yes they are great , it almost looks like ABS , its very difficult to block the brakes even you go hard , and that gonna break very very good. I have 10 Yamaha Nouvo Elegance , and i was a big fan of it , before the pcx came out. I mean the breaks on the Yamaha are just garbage compare to the Pcx , and i dont even wanna talk about the battery of yamaha nouvo.....

i mean dont use your motobike for 10 days and you pretty sure you will have to use the kick. Even using the bike often you will get battery problem . I changed almost all the battery of my bikes already and they dont even have 10K kilometers...

I have one Pcx since 8 months , my brother uses it , and not very often at all. We never had any battery problem . And its better be like that because there is no kick on this model... i guess Honda was pretty confident about their battery to take out the manual kick. And important thing it stills break like the first days.

The only thing is maybe the fact that the yamaha is more " sport " to drive , driving the Pcx its kind of like you driving a boat. Some people love it some others no so its up to you . And i feel like the Yamaha get more power but it may comes from that " boat feeling " of the Honda. but if the pcx comes back around the same price , i will not even think about choosing between the 2.

Edited by SlyouThai

Thailand must have just broke the trend, as my 2012 Ninja 650 was one of the first sold in the world :)

Wanna bet? It was just announced by AP Honda along with the new CRF 250L and 5 other updated models.

Read all about it here:

Honda to Open New Game with 7 LaunchesStrengthening its Leadership, Being the Market Leader for 23 Consecutive YearsEntering 2012 with Determination to Become No. 1, Confident to Break Sales Record of 1.5 million units

AP Honda Co Ltd, Thailand’s motorcycle market leader, is opening a new game with 7 launches, covering all market segments, and 2 heartthrobs to be the brand ambassadors.

To strengthening its market leadership, Honda is launching 7 models, covering all market segments which are family, AT, sport categories, and global model which will bring a new excitement of ride to Thai users. One of the highlights is “All New Honda Click 125i” that comes with sleeky design, powerful 125cc engine, and eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). Together with the launch, 2 superstars – Sukrit “Bie” Wisetkaew and Pakorn “Dome” Lum – will be introduced as new brand ambassadors, aiming to attract male users in the country.

Honda is also introducing the latest model in AT category. With its multi-purpose space and user-friendliness, “Honda Spacy i” is targeting on modern generation who are concerned about value-for-money, comfort, and unique lifestyle. To match with its concept, Singto Namchoke and his musical trademark, ukulele and easy listening music, has been chosen to represent the AT motorcycle.

Meanwhile, Honda is also announcing the 2011 success – its new sales record of 25 years at 1.39 million units. Moreover, the company is ready to move forward to 2012 by continuing its 3-year mid-term plan with higher sales target and more fun activities. The next challenge is a new record of 1.5 million units. The next big fun under “Discover Your Fun” concept will also be presented in promotional events including the official right to broadcast World Cup 2012 in Thailand and another big fun in the second year with Manchester United and Liverpool which will be even more exciting.

Additionally, Honda network comprising more than 900 branches nationwide will be presented in a new TV commercial. The commercial will be strengthening the positive image of “Honda Wing Center” which implies that a Honda Wing Center is more than just another authorized dealer or serviced center. All Honda centers nationwide are expected to be improved to reach the same high standard and to be in the heart of all users. Most importantly, big fans of Honda Big Bikes will not be disappointed with our “Big Wing”, authorized center and serviced center, at the end of April.

“The year 2011 was a memorable year for AP Honda, not only because we celebrated our 25th anniversary, but also the year of unexpected changes. Be it natural disasters or financial crisis. Despite the crises, the over all motorcycle industry managed to grow unexpectedly. The demand continued at the opening of 2012 although Thailand has been under crises. The recent flooding crisis, however, made the sales of the over all market to reach more than 2 million units, a 108% growth from the previous year. Honda, again, made a new growth record of 1.39 million units sold, a 110% growth from the previous year. With a 69% market share, or a 1% growth, Honda also maintains its market leadership status for 23 consecutive years,” said Mr Chiaki Kato, President of AP Honda Co Ltd about the success in 2011.

According to Honda 3-Year Mid-term Plan between 2011 and 2013 announced last year, Honda will move forward from “the largest organization” to “the strongest organization” to become “the true market leader”. The 3 policies to achieve the goal are: “to present a product that’s beyond market expectation”, “to be number one brand in all aspects”, and “to extend the satisfaction of the customers and society”.

“All targets have been achieved which was a good start for the mid-term plan. We expanded to family market with our new model and graphics pattern featured on Scoopy i, which was later became the best selling model in AT category. Communicating with younger generation with our “Discover Your Fun” concept was also a success. We could reach out to the teenagers, our main target, with the “Honda Big Fan Big Fun” campaign with Manchester United and Liverpool,” Mr Kato summarized the success from the first year of mid-term plan.

In 2012, the domestic economy expects to bounce back in the second quarter, or from April onwards, and the demand will resume. “The over all sales of the industry expects to reach 2.1 million units in 2012. Honda, the market leader, also expects to reach 1.5 million units this year. This will be the next big business challenge for Honda to reach,” said Mr Kato.

To fully achieve the new challenge, Honda strongly continues its mid-term plan with 7 product launches at a time. It’s never before in the industry to combine launches together. New models are:

1. All New Honda Click 125i: The ultimate development from Honda Click 110i, combined with new powerful 125cc engine and eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). The model is equipped with advanced technology enhancing complete combustion; Intelligent Low Friction, PGM-FI technology; built-in liquid cooled; and Alternator Starter to match with its “AT Full Speed” concept. All New Honda Click 125i has a powerful engine and is fuel efficient. For the first time in Thailand, 2 heartthrobs – Sukrit “Bie” Wisetkaew and Pakorn “Dome” Lum – have been chosen to represent the all new model, to attract more male users nationwide. All New Honda Click 125i will be available in the market, starting from Bt46,800.

2. Honda Spacy i: The latest AT motorcycle to offer multi-purpose storage, comfort and user-friendliness for users under the concept “Easy Life, Spacy i”. The highlights include XL-size U-Box which is able to store a full-face helmet; 5.5-liter giant fuel tank; wider seat; and Big Eye Winker. The story of Spacy i will be told through a unique concept and lifestyle by our Spacy i Teller, Singto Namchoke and his ukulele. The model targets on the new generation who have concerns about value-for-money, comfort and unique lifestyle. The model will be available in the market, starting from Bt41,500.

3. New Honda Wave 125i: The masterpiece after Honda Wave 125i which was once the country’s first motorcycle equipped with PGM-FI technology. Under the concept of “The Best Technology Leader”, the model features Dual Head Light, LED tail light (to be available for the first time in Thailand), and the highest fuel efficiency at 63.3km/liter (according to ECE40 Mode). Price starts from Bt48,000.

4. Honda Wave 110i: Family motorcycle, the all-time number one in Thailand. With new graphics to match the new concept: “The new happiness is ready to be delivered to everyone around you everyday”. There are 3 patterns in 7 color combinations, with front disc brake and drum brake. Hand starter and foot starter are optional. Price starts from Bt37,800.

5. Honda CBR 150R: Popular sport model featuring tri-color graphics to match the super sport look. “Unleash Your True Spirit… World-class sport motorcycle” concept to indulge the sport users this February.

6. Honda PCX150 Global Model: Aesthetic of the luxurious ride with new powerful 150cc engine and eSP to be world premiered in Thailand in March.

7. Honda CRF250L Global Model: The ultimate fun from enduro, either on-road of off-road styles. It’s designed especially for those enjoying the challenges of life. The global model will be launched in Thailand and ready to create a new fun in March.

Honda Click125i, Honda Spacy I, Honda Wave125i and Honda Wave110i will be available in the market nationwide in mid-January onwards. Sport model like Honda CBR150R will hit the market in February while global models; Honda PCX150 and Honda CRF250L will be ready for the market in March.

“Apart from the presentation of a product beyond market expectation, Honda also continues to be number 1 brand in all aspects. With “Big, New, Fun” concept especially in football, Thailand’s most popular sport, we will hold more activities under “Honda Big Fan Big Fun” campaign. As an official partner in Thailand of Liverpool and Manchester United, the promotional events will be even bigger and more fun. Also under the 3-year mid-term plan’s concept, “Discover Your Fun”, we will support sport events by acquiring the official right to broadcast the World Cup 2012 in Thailand,” said Mr Kato.

Moreover, Honda is planning to present its high potential of its dealer network comprising more than 900 branches nationwide in a new TV commercial. The commercial will be strengthening the positive image of “Honda Wing Center” which implies that a Honda Wing Center is more than just another authorized dealer or serviced center. All Honda centers nationwide are expected to be improved to reach the same high standard and to be in the heart of all users. The new TV commercial will be broadcast from February onwards.

Last but not least, big fans of Honda Big Bikes will be enjoying life even more. Honda Big Bike business will be launched in April, to meet the increasing demand of the potential users in the category. The first flagship store named “Big Wing” will be opened in Bangkok, before expanding more branches in regional cities nationwide.

For more details on 7 new Honda models and bigger fun in “Discover Your Fun”, please contact a Honda authorized center in your neighborhood, or visit www.aphonda.co.th.

Edited by Bung