Little Owl

I can't help with the rescue centre, but meanwhile you should try to feed it. Not knowing what species it is, I can't say what its natural diet would be, but raw meat scraps should be acceptable.

We used to watch the little Owls at dusk trying to catch the geckos off the wall, so I caught a gecko cut it up, only managed to get one piece down it, just keeps its beak tightly closed,its got that hooked beak into my finger a few times.

will let it go tonight ad hope for the best.

I have seen and cut down so many of these nets strung between two bamboo poles with dead birds hanging from them, plus the snares I remove whilst walking the dogs, they seem to put these traps down and forget them.

From Wikipedia:

It takes prey such as insects, earthworms, amphibians, but also small birds and mammals.

I hope you destroy these nets when you find them.

It is a little Owl, not a Little Owl, tw25rw. It is probably an Asian Barred Owlet or a Collared Scops Owl; these are the two commonest small owls in Thailand.

If it can fly, it can look after itself, sometime. It probably prefers its food wriggling!

a hint to get carnivorous birds to open their mouths.... danle the food piece with a long pincers over their head and beak area... they often will look up a bit and open thier beak, and tear food from teh pincers...

bina