Comex Ink Tank - One Colour Stuck

MisterMan

HI based on the suggestions here I got a printer with the ink tank and have used it for a year and still have not had to replace the inks. I love it.

Never will I buy a regular printer without the modification of the inktanks!

Ok but now one of my colours is stuck..

any suggestions? I bought it in Phuket at the bottom of one of the escalators at Central and not sure if the guy is still there.

looking for a quick fix of course..

Hi Misterman, all I did was get a drinking straw,put one

end in the smallest of the two holes on top of the colour

and blow ,so the pressure forces the ink up the small

tube to the printer head,then run off a few pages and

it should be OK, it worked for me anyway.

regards Worgeordie

I did something similar when I had a printhead/cartridge stopped up....it was my black cartridge on my Canon MP280 inkjet printer. While the ink was getting to the cartridge from the external ink tank the cartridge was just stopped up because I hadn't printed anything in almost 30 days. I even tried blowing into the ink tank (the chamber feeding the printhead/cartridge) as recommended above but it didn't help as ink was getting to the cartridge/printhead but just not getting all the way through the cartridge/printhead.....it just wasn't coming out of the printhead/cartridge. I then tried soaking and cleaning the bottom of the printhead/cartridge with an alcohol-soaked tisse...while this helped I still wasn't getting full flow. What I finally did was remove the hose connection to the cartridge/printhead and then took a needle refill "minus the needle" and placed the refiller end over the ink inlet adapter on the printhead/cartridge and then just shot/pressed air (no ink) into the printhead--that did the job...It just took one press of the needle refill....ink started flowing freely from the printhead. Guess the blockage was deep in the printhead/cartridge to where the alcohol could not get. Hooked the external tank tube back onto the printhead/cartridge and everything is printing OK again. I normally print a page or two every week to 10 days to avoid this type of problem, but I had to evacuate my home for almost a month due to the flooding.

Edited by Pib