Lawyer In Rawai Area For Builder Problems

stevehaigh

as expected, my builder seems to have disappeared of the face of the planet, well phuket anyhow

but we have a contract and i don't want to hire a new team then have the old builder come after me when i've paid someone else to finish the house, so i need a lawyer to check the contract.

can you recommend someone good and cheap, emphasis on cheap.

thanks

In my opinion, take the loss and move on.

It can drag out for years at your expense and even if you win in court, good luck getting paid.

Read the OP again. He does not want to sue the builder, he want to check that the original builder can't sue him.

IMHO your builder won't sue for the same reasons listed by katasyd. Not worth the expense of a lawyer to check the contract.

In my opinion, take the loss and move on.

It can drag out for years at your expense and even if you win in court, good luck getting paid.

Read the OP again. He does not want to sue the builder, he want to check that the original builder can't sue him.

IMHO your builder won't sue for the same reasons listed by katasyd. Not worth the expense of a lawyer to check the contract.

i'm happy that the amount i've paid so far is fair for what i've got. you are right, i just don't want the builder coming back to me for breach of contract later, so i want a lawyer to check the wording.

my wife thinks we have cause to cancel based on the contract but she's mot a lawyer. it should be an hours work to read the contract and advise. i was just hoping to get the name/number of a lawyer that would give it a quick look over and advise.