Word Doc To Cd

Soph

Ok, so I feel a bit thick, but I cant get my word document to save to CD - is there something special I have to do - can I even do this?. Please tell me - I have 30 minutes before I have to give it to my boss!

Edited by Soph

Ok, so I feel a bit thick, but I cant get my word document to save to CD - is there something special I have to do - can I even do this?.  Please tell me - I have 30 minutes before I have to give it to my boss!

I guess it has nothing to do with the word document, can you save another file to CD?

Maybe the doc is still used by some application. reboot and try again

oh I forgot SAVE THE DOC before rebooting ..whew :o

Edited by KhunMarco

Mmmm, thanks Marco, but it doesnt seem to work at all. Maybe its the dodgy Princo CD's. Anyway, ive told my boss now that he should just e-mail it to wherever it needs to go and he seems happy with that, so problem over :o

I use Open Office, instead of MS Office, and it has the useful facility to save

a document in pdf format.  This is not only smaller, but just about any computer will read it.

Once converted to pdf, can the document be edited on another computer? Using Open Office, or does it have to be the rather limited editing features available in Acrobat?

I use Open Office, instead of MS Office, and it has the useful facility to save

a document in pdf format.  This is not only smaller, but just about any computer will read it.

Once converted to pdf, can the document be edited on another computer? Using Open Office, or does it have to be the rather limited editing features available in Acrobat?

hi'

OOo is reading eveything, and can save in almost any format, even mac :o

francois

Mmmm, thanks Marco, but it doesnt seem to work at all.  Maybe its the dodgy Princo CD's.  Anyway, ive told my boss now that he should just e-mail it to wherever it needs to go and he seems happy with that, so problem over  :o

For future reference:

Save the document to your hard drive (eg the desktop)

Then insert the blank CD and drag the file onto the CD folder. Then burn the CD

Don't try and save directly to the CD from Word