New Chevy Colorado

Backwoods

Has anyone heard whether the New Colorado is available yet? Tired of Haggleing with Ford over Wildtrack,and new Chevy Colorado is supposed to be almost if not same size. I may have to look into this truck Anyone got any info from a dealer or the show? I am still looking for a 4 door, 4x4, A/T, and hard to find even a decent used one in A/T without paying close to retail!

The new Chevy is bigger than the model it replaces, but not as big as the Ranger. The 2.8L is better than Ford's 2.2L and every donk in the segment, but behind the Ford 3.2L 5-pot.

At 998K for the top-spec 2.8L 6AT 4x4 LTZ-Z71 it's a decent deal though, and has some unique features not available in Ranger at that price point, i.e. Traction control, Stability control, Corner Brake Assist, and Projector headlamps.

There were some models in stock when it was first launched a couple of months back, but no updates since then, so you'll need to ask a dealer and bring us all up to date :D

Edit: Being less than 1M Baht it also qualifies for the 1st car buyer rebate, if that's something you can take advantage of via the Mrs or Family..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Did you look at the new Isuzu D Max 4*4 at the show? A 5000Baht returnable deposit secured a place in the queue and a longer test drive.

Yes I did, but it was like a lot of things, you have to ask what you get! Take away the snorkle, all the bike holder wheel flares, front camera, bigger wheels and tires, and ask what you get without paying extra! Bedliner is not free, nor is rustproofing,(undercoat), no insurance no film on windows, all are available as a package but pay extra! I wanted pearl white 7000THB extra, and still have to wait till apr for one! So far, only 4X4 A/T available for delivery in less than 2 months is Nissan Navara.

I was told today most dealers are not giving much as the new models not available, so no compitition! Should be a war at next big Motorshow in April with incentives! Maybe they will even have some trucks they can SELL and not just tease you with for months!

So far, only 4X4 A/T available for delivery in less than 2 months is Nissan Navara.

I was considering the navara because it looks like a truck and has generous accomodations inside the cabin, not sure if nissan has got its act together but considering the poor crash safety which irrespective of the airbag deployment delay issue is still as poor as the previous dmax/colorado pickup.

heres a clip on the nissan navara

Im sitting on the fence right next to you as far as wanting a 4dr 4x4 pickup truck, i dont mind manual but probably will go with auto as ill want the top trim level. I think any pickup available soon because of the delays is going to bilk customers by offering minimal incentives due to little competition.... guess im gonna have to wait till april or whenever to buy a truck :unsure: .

Edited by caphant

• 1 month later...

The 2.8L is better than Ford's 2.2L and every donk in the segment, but behind the Ford 3.2L 5-pot.

I take that back. The Chevy 2.8L is a pile of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W2s6x8XwA0

shock1.gif

yep shock1.gif

It would appear that marketing triumphed over engineering on this one, and it failed. miserably.

Note that the reference VM Motori design for this engine apparently makes 200HP/430Nm - but the Chevy tune makes 180HP and 470Nm..... whistling.gif

The new Chevy is bigger than the model it replaces, but not as big as the Ranger. The 2.8L is better than Ford's 2.2L and every donk in the segment, but behind the Ford 3.2L 5-pot.

At 998K for the top-spec 2.8L 6AT 4x4 LTZ-Z71 it's a decent deal though, and has some unique features not available in Ranger at that price point, i.e. Traction control, Stability control, Corner Brake Assist, and Projector headlamps.

There were some models in stock when it was first launched a couple of months back, but no updates since then, so you'll need to ask a dealer and bring us all up to date biggrin.gif

Edit: Being less than 1M Baht it also qualifies for the 1st car buyer rebate, if that's something you can take advantage of via the Mrs or Family..

Via the Mrs or Family?

You end up paying the same, as the rebate won't find its way back to you. I am quite sure. You also end up NOT the owner of the metal.